1 (edited by SkwarNX 2015-05-26 17:43:13)

Topic: How can i do this please ?

Hello Dmitri and all,
I've got 7 access db with relationship to modify in mvdb if it's possible....
My first contain rank (i'm military), name, date of birth, location, phone etc...
2nd - compagny, section,job etc...
3rd and others are alert,  infirmary , etc.....
Just one question please
How can i do this....??
Do i use 7 db and exe with MVDB too ... or just create another db with " DB Browser for Sqlite "for exemple and use 'Script' in SQL ??
Thx all in advance ,

-- s.k.nx --

PS: Sorry for my bad English , i'm French !!!

-- SkwarNX --

Re: How can i do this please ?

Unfortunately I did not understand.

What do you mean "7 access db" ?

Dmitry.

3 (edited by SkwarNX 2015-05-26 18:51:09)

DriveSoft wrote:

Unfortunately I did not understand.

What do you mean "7 access db" ?

Hello Dmitri yes i have 7 Microsoft Access database with relationship   !!!
or if you want 7 database create with Microsoft Access .......

-- SkwarNX --

Do you mean, you have 7 tables  in the database?

Dmitry.

DriveSoft wrote:

Do you mean, you have 7 tables  in the database?

no.... 7 databases with relationship created with Microsoft Access
This 7 are used by different users as Medical commander,  leaders in their offices etc....

-- SkwarNX --

hm..., but separate databases can't have relationships, only tables in a database can have relationships.

Dmitry.

DriveSoft wrote:

hm..., but separate databases can't have relationships, only tables in a database can have relationships.

huummm...ok
but in BASE.mdb i can see tbNAME who have employees and their fonctions ok !! and  first_aid.mdb  i can see blood group and relation with BASE.mdb for tbNAME... did you understand that..

thx,

-- SkwarNX --

In BASE.mdb i've got 17 tables ans first_aid.mdb 10 tables.........

.....i'm a lucky guy ....i joke

-- SkwarNX --

I'm so sorry ... Can't stay anymore
See you next day

-- SkwarNX --

Unfortunately, I almost did not using MS Access. I probably do not know about such a possibility.

You can't modify database of MS access in My Visual database, but you can make export data to CSV file, then do import to My Visual Database.

Dmitry.

I think I understood your problem and I think you might need to re-think the whole thing to create a unique database using MVDB with different level of authorizations for your different users as MVDB manages only 1 database.

I would suggest to analyze all the relationships and all the tables and then recreate a new database with as many tables and columns as required. Always aim to keep it simple!

You could still import the data from MS Access.

First step would be to consolidate your data but I think that for your specific use, you should look for a centralized database server with a web application portal...

Hello tcoton

I thinked about that...i have a hard work to do that...
Thx you .
PS : i have actually 14 .mdb....aarrff

Have a good day

-- SkwarNX --

Hello SwarNX

I think you can realize your project with MVD.
I've made an application with 13 tables related (videos managing)..
MVD is able to play with relationnal tables (when they are well planified)
As I always say, all is beginnig with a sheet of paper and a pencil (and above all a rubber)

Can you give us a plan what your want to realize (a skeleton) ?
From this plan, it will be to give a strong structure from which add all the functions you
want use.

Tell us also how many tables you think use and how you want get a relation between them.
What will all interactions considered and so on ...

it would be nice if the devil can not help you (and MVD).

To read you soon

JB

The main point is to know how many people need to access the data at the same time?

Hello JB
I'm sorry in advance for others i will explain in french language juste for this session.

Bonjour JB
Alors voilà .., je suis technicien en informatique et contrôle 3 serveurs ....nos licences office ne sont pas renouvelées et je voulais me pencher sur les differentes base créées avec access.
Dans une base .mdb est stockée tous les rens perso et les noms  plus grade des gens. Dans une autre, on retrouve la gestion de solde donc numéro compte qui s'en suit mais avec mot de passe mais aussi la relation avec la 1ere .mdb pour récupérer nom prénom grade date d'entrée en service etc.... Je me retrouve avec non pas 7 mais 14 .mdb......ces relations sont pour ce que j'ai vu pour la plupart en cascade.... Dans la première base mdb on part sur 17 tables juste pour une ..... Il m'en reste encore 13 après .....le projet est gros pour moi....je me suis lancé sur du SQL MS2014 express et vs 2013 express pour le design mais MVDB présente une facilité d'exécution qui me plaît et me satisfait emplement .... Merci pour le conseil et oui je vais détailler tout cela sur feuille + scotch et retranscrire ensuite....
Merci encore JB et bonne soirée

Sorry again for all users who read me ....

-- SkwarNX --