Topic: Random error on development and preview

Dimitry,
Maybe you can shed some light on this. Whenever I am in FastReport developing a report, on random occasions, mousing over random areas of FastReport the screen I just left from in my project pops up and overlays the Fast Report screen. I cannot close it or do anything with it. I have to bring up Windows Task Manager to switch it out and go back to the FastReport screen. It's just not one project that it occurs in. What's worse is that it also happens for end users in previewing reports. When you mouse over the Fast Report toolbar in preview, it will do it. Sometimes if you are fast enough you can click the toolbar button before the screen pops up to save or print a report. Any ideas on what could be causing this? It happens frequently and is rather annoying.  I am on Windows 7. FastReport is 4.15.

Re: Random error on development and preview

same thing happens to me when trying to design the report. using windows 10.

Hi, me the same problem with fastreport when in preview mode. I use MVDB v2.5 -win10-64bit

Hello,

Thank you for the bug report, but unfortunately I can't repeat this bug, someone can attach your project and describe exactly steps to repeat this bug?

Thanks.

Dmitry.

I think I figured out the pattern to cause this situation. I tried your report examples and it does not happen, but all my projects it does. Here is the situation I think causes it. I like to use a blank maximized form as my first form so that all other forms are inside the same background. If I remove this form and start with a normal form, it does not occur. I have attached an example of what I do. Run the project and click on the print button. Then when the report preview displays, mouse over any of the buttons in the preview toolbar and the project form will pop up.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Test Report.zip 337.82 kb, 601 downloads since 2016-04-25 

ehwagner
Thank you for the project, actually it's happens every time when report button placed not on main form.
Unfortunately in the moment can't to find reason of that.

Dmitry.

Understandable. Just need to know if you are continuing with trying to resolve the issue? The reason I ask is that I can't go to production with my projects until this is resolved. Thanks.

i also have this happen when i run  the project. while in preview if i run the mouse over the menu bar another form will pop up

Dimitry, pls do action to fix this problem starting, i think  in v.2.5. I can't roll back to v2.4. Thanks

Dimitry,
Any update on fixing this issue? It's rather important. Thanks.

The new beta version doesnt fix this problem yet. Any idea when we can expect a resolution. Thanks

i am really really getting tired of this problem when trying to work on reports.  when are we going to get a fix please?

lhimes wrote:

i am really really getting tired of this problem when trying to work on reports.  when are we going to get a fix please?

Fixed, please check out the latest beta version
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2462

Please let me know result. Thanks.

Dmitry.

hello Dmitry

there is still a bug in this method. when you pick the text object and place it the memo box comes up behind the report designer. it wont come to the front to enter text and with enough hidden gives the impression the project is locked up.

lee

Hello again Dmitry.

Good job! My problem with print preview in other forms is fixed, thanks

Dimitry,
The preview is now fixed. Thank you. However, lhimes is right. The designer still has a problem. It's actually worse now. For example, if you click on the open button to open a report in the designer, the open dialog appears behind the designer and you cannot bring it forward to select a report and it locks the project.

Thank you for the bug reports. Please check out again beta version
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2462

Dmitry.

hello Dmitry

it seems to be working fine. thank you. thank you. thank you  i was really tired of the pop ups.

lee

It works now. A great big thank you Dimitry.