1 (edited by TAMCIND 2014-07-13 10:36:51)

Topic: Linux-Wine

Would be possible to run MVD on linux via wine? Only just found your program and tried installing on wine successfully but not able to run actual database yet!
Thanks
Dave

Re: Linux-Wine

Hello,

Unfortunately I am not a Linux user, do you get any message of error?

Dmitry.

3 (edited by TAMCIND 2014-07-17 02:47:09)

Hi again
Yes there are 2 errors that pop up.
1/ "List index out of bounds (2)
2/ "Undeclared identifier: 'frmengine'

Clicking on OK loads a blank form titled "frmMaindbCore"
The menus all work normally.
If it could be made to work on linux/wine a whole new market opens up as there are limited options for a desktop database on this format .

Hello,

Thank you for info.
MyVisualDB.exe also don't run? (IDE)

Dmitry.

Hello
Just an update on this topic of MVD running on linux.
I have tried lastest version of "Puppy Linux" and "Wine"  ( used the pet installer that comes with Puppy}, with current version of My Visual Database and it installed correctly (some thing called "mono" and "geko" automatically downloaded and installed while in setup). So far no errors at all, even fast reports seems to be working normally.
Now this is not totally proven untill a lot more tests done but at present seems very promising. I hope this does prove to be the case as I have not found any database that is low cost , easy  to use and has powerfull features which will run in Linux (with or with out "Wine"). The only problem is no menus/shortcuts are made so that you have to manually create these on desktop - after installation..
Drivesoft may have a new market if it proves to be stable long term.
Added MS Excel  to test export and it also worked but Excel did produce a error when closing - don't think it is related to MVD.

TAMCIND

Thank you for information!
Great )

Dmitry.

7 (edited by zoomix 2014-11-27 16:10:02)

I run 1.46 MVDB on xubuntu 13.10 (via Wine) at home and it works fine except calculated fields.