Topic: TidSMTP

Hi there, i am reading about sendmail, and i can't make it work with gmail, or some other emails for this matter, sendmail is a simple command but i can't make it work, i read Dimitry talking about tidSMTP, maybe i'm missing that, what's that?

Re: TidSMTP

After a bit of reseach i found out what's the bug with sendmail.

Send mails sends all email address with: <youremail@gmail.com>
It should be youremail@gmail.com without the <>

Dmitry, is there a way to configure the sendmail command so the sender name goes without <> if i don't want it?

Many thanks

it's rule of SMTP protocol, you can't change it.

Dmitry.

4 (edited by VascoMorais 2017-01-22 14:02:51)

DriveSoft wrote:

it's rule of SMTP protocol, you can't change it.

but that's the reason why so many emails are unsuported, because the Sendmail command already adds the< >  signs automaticly.
Is there a way you can create a new sendmail command in the future with an option to excluse the automatic <> on email from name in the future? this way you can update myvisualdatabase to a future version without corrupting previous databases scripts.
For instance

Sendmail -n ' etc....

so you have to add "name <name@email.com>" manually, because in this case, if i write name <name@email.com> sendmail will send a request to the smtp server that the source comes from <name<name@email.com>> and that gives me an error everytime.

I know this because i had to setup an smtp server at home, to try and figureout what's wrong.

I've been trying to build a database to replace an old app i have at my store, but without this issue solved, i can't use what i've got unfortunatly