1 (edited by ehwagner 2017-05-05 16:14:06)

Topic: Reading Parameters Sent to an MVD Program

Dimitry, or anyone knowing this topic.   I know how to send parameters to another external program from an MVD program, but how do you read parameters received into an MVD program. I looked on Delphi Basics and see ParamStr and ParamCount, but apparently they are not defined in MVD. So how do you read parameters sent from another program?  Thank you.

Re: Reading Parameters Sent to an MVD Program

Hello.

I have added these functions (ParamStr and ParamCount). Please download latest beta version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sb2tk75rauoj … b.zip?dl=0

Dmitry.

It would be interesting to have some example on how to implement that as well as an update of the documentation as you add new features which are beyond the knowledge of most of MVDB users.

Thank you Dimitry. Much appreciated.

tcoton,  I put together a very simple project to demonstrate the use. The project is actually two apps, Send Parm app and Receive Parm app. After extracting the project go into the Send Parm folder and you'll see the Receive Parm folder. Run the Receive Parm app first. This will create the exe program the first time. Close the Receive_Parm program. Then go back to the Send Parm folder and run the Send_Parm app. Enter some text in the text box and click on the Run Program button. The Receive_Parm program will open and display the parameter you entered in the sending program textbox.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Send Receive Parm.zip 670.59 kb, 525 downloads since 2017-05-10 

Ok, thanks for the example ehwagner. I do not see a use for it yet but might be useful someday smile