1 (edited by livexox 2017-05-09 17:01:51)

Topic: How to disable hint on database grid

I have created a simple database form to add notes but when hover the mouse over the cell and  the text is bigger than the width of the column, it creates a tool-tip and covers the rows below it. I tried to use the code Form1.TableGrid1.ShowHint := False; to prevent the program from showing the entire text but it is working.  Is there another way to disable the grid from showing the entire text when I hover over the cell.  Please Advise. See attached image.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon test.png 104.34 kb, 354 downloads since 2017-05-09 

Re: How to disable hint on database grid

I think this is not a hint but a preview of the content of a multilines cell. I find it very useful though. Maybe there is another property to avoid displaying the preview.

yes, I need to remove  the preview on a multi-line cell and I agree very useful but in this case I need to disable it. Any Ideas on how to do this?

You can do it using a script

procedure Form1_TableGrid1_OnChange (Sender: string);
begin
    Form1.TableGrid1.Columns[0].Options :=Form1.TableGrid1.Columns[0].Options - coShowTextFitHint; // for first column
    Form1.TableGrid1.Columns[1].Options :=Form1.TableGrid1.Columns[1].Options - coShowTextFitHint; // for second column
end;
Dmitry.

Cool! smile

Dmitry, are you going to reveal all these magic features in the official documentation?

Thank you, this worked !!!!

tcoton wrote:

Cool! smile

Dmitry, are you going to reveal all these magic features in the official documentation?

http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewt … 245#p17245

Dmitry.