Topic: search using checkbox not working & clear button for checkbox get slow

Sir,

This table is a temporary scheduling table, when student course get complete, we clear data and make it free to allocate new student.
I want to search data using days checkbox ex Monday, Tuesday ...
but when i select Monday checkbox and search data, then that row get invisible, when i remove all checkbox from search button then its working fine.
Please check this problem,

also,

Clear buttom on schedulingDB and schedulingDashBoard form getting slow to clear days checkbox,
please check this both clear button also.

please delete data from backup folder to resend file.

please find file in attach link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5mak4jt73jp6 … P.rar?dl=0

Regards

Nitin Ingale

Post's attachments

Attachment icon search with checkbox.gif 143.65 kb, 250 downloads since 2017-08-11 

Re: search using checkbox not working & clear button for checkbox get slow

Sir,

I am not able to solve this problem myself.

Please help me.

Regards
Nitin ingale

3 (edited by tcoton 2017-08-15 16:57:48)

Wow, this is a massive project! It seems at first glance that your search button has issues, I just tried 2 things but I need more time to fully understand how your project works.

- When the scheduling board first appears, there is a nice selection in the grid and row count is 636 but, if I click just "Search" with no argument at all (it should return all rows normally), I get a not so interesting view in the grid and row count is 624.

- If I edit the first line after click on search as above, this line disappears straight away after saving the changes and I cannot find it at all as you describe. So, whether the search is no searching in the correct database or data are not saved in the correct database. Or there is a bug with the button search when it comes to search for calculated fields...

Well... it seems that to get a correct result, you would have to write a sql query if you want to sort the days as I have tried a lot of things with your search and it appears that the more you have checkboxes, the more your results are filtered like an "AND" not like a "OR". In short, when you have a record containing more than a day, you must select all included days but it would not display the lesser days in the selection. I wish there was an operator choice for the checkboxes involved in a search.

Dear administrator,

I have check with different simple file to check this problem, when i remove all checkbox of days from search button then its working fine.

I have attached simple file to understand clearly this issue.

Please check this problem. 

also, please see main file, in that.

Clear buttom on schedulingDB and schedulingDashBoard form getting slow to clear days checkbox,
please check this both clear button also.

Regards

Nitin Ingale

Post's attachments

Attachment icon checkbox.rar 296.38 kb, 371 downloads since 2017-08-16 

Sir,
Any one can help me to solve this issue.
Please help me.

Regards
nitin ingale

Hello Nitin,
I had a quick look at your project and made a couple of changes.
I don't like using checkboxes as filters because it's not possible to 'unselect' them (once you tick a checkbox, you see records with a value of 'Yes', when you untick a checkbox, you see records with a value of 'No' - but how do you then see records that are either 'Yes' or 'No'?  As I understand it, the only way is to exit the query and start fresh so it's not very user friendly).
So what I have done is to take the checkbox values from your 'course' form and used them to populate equivalent comboboxes that can be used as filters (so you can select 'Yes', 'No' or either from the comboboxes).  Doing this also seems to fix your other issues too.
I also added a 'clear all filters' button (because I was getting tired of resetting them all the time when I was testing - LOL!!).
I hope this is closer to what you want to achieve.
Regards,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon checkbox changed.zip 346.46 kb, 392 downloads since 2017-08-17 

Actually, checkboxes do not permit multiple selection, it is always a AND operator. In latest version of MVDB, it is possible to set the autoincrental search on a checkbox, so when uncheck, it is reset. Please Dmitri, could you add a property on the checkbox to be able to choose an SQL operator for the queries? That would be a big PLUS for the application as well... comboboxes are just not pretty sometimes.

Sir,

Can we use checkbox to operate combobox at search.

You use it at course from to save data by copying checkbox to combobox.

Similarly, wiseversa. ...

At search we operate by checkbox but at search button it takes combobox.

How we write a code for this.

Please check your file, can we implement this. Then it become very easy.

Regards
Nitin ingale

Thank you sir