Topic: Login and change password

I'm testing your program to login and change passwords. Fine program, but I discovered that when you want to change a password and bring in the current password and leave the new password(2x) "blanc" the programm accept this with the result that you cannot  login anymore for this user. Can you build in a check for "blanc" new passwords?

Re: Login and change password

Can please somebody help ?

Check it out

procedure frmChangePassword_Button1_OnClick (Sender: string; var Cancel: boolean);
var
    s: string;
begin
    // SQL query for check user and password
    s := VarToStr( SQLExecute('SELECT count(id) FROM users WHERE (login = ''' + sUser + ''') AND (password = ' + frmChangePassword.edPassword.sqlValue + ');') );

// if SQL query found login and password
    if (s <> '0') and (s<>'') then
    begin
        if (frmChangePassword.edNewPassword.Text<>'') and (frmChangePassword.edNewPassword.Text = frmChangePassword.edNewPassword2.Text) then
        begin
            // change password
            SQLExecute('UPDATE users SET password='+frmChangePassword.edNewPassword.sqlValue + ' WHERE login = ''' + sUser + '''');
            ShowMessage('Password has been changed.');
            frmChangePassword.Close;
        end else
            ShowMessage('Different passwords in text fields "New password" and "Repeat new password".');
    end else
        ShowMessage('Password is incorrent.');
end;

I just added check

if (frmChangePassword.edNewPassword.Text<>'') and
Dmitry.

Thanks Cor your reply, but is your answer complete, e.g. Is your check complete?

akkerhof wrote:

Thanks Cor your reply, but is your answer complete, e.g. Is your check complete?

Unfortunately can't understand your question.

Dmitry.

Sorry, I didn't read your built-in check not correctly. I tested and it works. Thanks

I need CHANGE PASSWORD option too, please upload the sample.

Ahmadrazaullah wrote:

I need CHANGE PASSWORD option too, please upload the sample.

Check it out
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc. … download=1

Dmitry.

Thanks for giving me time.
cheers.