1 (edited by kim143 2017-12-09 07:35:21)

Topic: Any Future Updates will bring something similar to VCL Data Grid

Hello Everyone,

For last few months I was dabbling in Delphi, Lazrus VCL etc.

link to what I am talking about

https://www.devexpress.com/Products/VCL/ExQuantumGrid/

These features are awesome

"
Data Sorting Options
Sort against Unlimited Number of Fields ● Sort by Cell Display Values ● Custom Sorting Algorithms ● Multi-Threaded Sorting
Data Grouping Options
Group against an Unlimited Number of Columns ● Microsoft Outlook Style Group Row Painting ● Custom and Multiple Predefined Date/Time Grouping Intervals ● Sort by Group Values ● Automatic Group Expansion ● Multi-Threaded Grouping
Data Filtering Options
Microsoft Excel Style Filtering ● Microsoft Excel Style Filter Dialogs ● Filter Row ● Filter Panel ● Advanced Filter Editor Dialog ● Custom Filtering ● Multi-Threaded Filtering
Summary Computation Options
Total Summaries ● Group Row Summaries ● Group Footer Summaries ● Five Built-in Aggregate Functions ● Custom Aggregate Functions ● Sort by Group Summary Values ● Optionally Sort Against Selected Rows Only
Printing and Data Export
Multiple data rendering and reporting options via the DevExpress VCL Printing System. Data export to multiple file formats, including XLSX, XLS, PDF, HTML, etc.

"

Specially exporting ability to excel with totals and sums and on and on. And Filtering and grouping is fabulous. It was like excel in data grid.

@Dmitry I really like your software If you can somehow build those functionality or bring directly those in from devexpress It will be great

@To people who are building software with MVD they can relate.

Suddenly why I am talking about this "Look at your reporting form or filtering form(hint : a lot of text box and other widgets just more clutter )" , Every time you put new filter either you put textbox or dropdown list etc for grid below and write some or none code, most of the time you write some code if you are doing custom job. How about you just put one datagrid with excel like filtering capability and you are done.

Thanks for reading and understanding. @Dmitry If you want to moderate this post I can understand Please just think about it.

Re: Any Future Updates will bring something similar to VCL Data Grid

I AGREE! YES MVD gogogogo!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Dmitry.

Pls Do it DriveSoft!

Thanks!