1 (edited by wenchester21 2018-01-29 19:40:19)

Topic: Student project "HELP"

English:
Hello friends, I tell you about my project, what I am doing is a student management system, at first I supported the example that comes with the installation of MVD, but it has already changed a lot. This project I am doing to donate it to a school that has students from all over the country and does not have a system to manage them. During its construction I have relied heavily on their ideas and contributions, that is why I decided to upload it in order to solve some of the errors and inconveniences that I see in the project. Any help and contribution is very grateful ...

Problems:

1- In the "frmMain" form, the "bPrint1" button is used to print the selected records in the "TableGrid1" grid, but it gives me an error. The problem is in the checkbox (I can not print with multiselection and I can not print the status of the chekbox)
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4002

2- When I add a new student "frmMain.bAdd" the new registration form "frmStudent" opens. If I go through the logical steps of starting to add data by name, last name, etc ... everything is fine. But if by chance I start with the students' exam grades and I regret and click on closing, I automatically generate a blank record of exam grades and a new student.

3- In the statistics tab (where an image of a Cuba map appears) thanks to EHW and Derek I managed to put a pie chart, now ..., I want to put in each one of the circles (represent the provinces) the quantity of students that correspond to that province (Example: frmMain.label_spain.Caption: = SQL code)
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4024

For me those are some inconveniences that I see, if you want to contribute something I thank you very much.

Español:
Hola amigos, les cuento sobre mi proyecto, lo que estoy haciendo es un sistema de gestion de estudiantes, al principio me apoyé del ejemplo que viene con la instalación de MVD, pero ya ha cambiado mucho. Este proyecto lo estoy haciendo para donarlo a una escuela que tiene estudiantes de todo el país y no tiene un sistema para gestionar a los mismos. Durante su construcción me he apoyado mucho en sus ideas y aportes por eso he decidido subirlo para poder solucionar algunos errores e inconvenientes que le veo al proyecto. Cualquier ayuda y aporte es muy agradecida...

Problemas:

1- En el formulario "frmMain", el botón "bPrint1" es utilizado para imprimir los registros seleccionados en el grid "TableGrid1", pero me dá un error. El problema está en los checkbox (no logro imprimir con multiselección y tampoco logro imprimir el estado de los chekbox)
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4002

2- Cuando doy en añadir nuevo estudiante "frmMain.bAdd" se abre el formulario de un nuevo registro "frmStudent". Si voy por los pasos lógicos de empezar a añadir datos por nombre, apellidos etc..., todo marcha bien. Pero si por casualidad empiezo por las notas de los exámenes de los estudiantes y me arrepiento y hago click en cerrar, automáticamente se me genera un registro en blanco de notas de examen y de nuevo estudiante.

3- En el tab de estadística (donde aparece una imagen de un mapa de cuba) gracias a EHW y Derek logré poner un gráfico de pastel, ahora..., deseo poner en cada uno de los circulos (representan las provincias) la cantidad de estudiantes que corresponden a esa provincia (Example: frmMain.label_spain.Caption: = SQL code)
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4024

Para mi esos son algunos inconvenientes que veo, si desean aportar algo se los agradesco mucho.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Students_AdvanProyect.rar 611.6 kb, 596 downloads since 2018-01-29 

Re: Student project "HELP"

Hello Wen,
I tried to look at your Students project but had trouble getting past the 'login' screen (it returns an error in the script).
However, I put this to one side and looked at Question 3. in your message.
Place a label on top of each 'point.png' and set the label's 'transparent' object property to true.
Then calculate the number of students for each province in your script - I have added a few details so there is some data to look at.  This is on the frmmain_onshow event at the moment.
I hope this helps a bit.
Regards,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Students_AdvanProyect.zip 687.32 kb, 516 downloads since 2018-01-30 

3 (edited by wenchester21 2018-01-30 16:06:46)

Hello Derek,

That is the point, and it is almost all that is needed for this third question that I formulate in my first comment. Thanks for the input...
ahhh !!!, as soon as what you say that you do not pass the login, I do not really know what it may be since I downloaded the attachment that I uploaded and it works for me ...  user: admin pass: admin.

Question 3 "Done"

Regards,
Den.

Hi Den,
Earlier, I was trying to run your project with a different version of MVD which was why I was getting an error message - all good now.
On Point 2, the easiest option might be to simply prevent the user from entering exam grades until the student record has been added;  it can get rather complicated otherwise. 
In my attachment, as an example I have set the pagecontrol to disabled in the object properties and only switch it to enabled once the student record has been created.  Additionally, there is a panel/message to explain to the user why they can't enter exam grades at that time.
But there are lots of other ways to to this and another method may be more suitable for your project / users.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Students_AdvanProyect.zip 685.38 kb, 556 downloads since 2018-01-30 

Hello Derek,
I think that the way in which I have drawn up the project causes some type of double or bidirectional relationship that causes all this to happen. The way you use to solve the issue of exam registration (question 2) is very creative and useful. I stay with that way.

Question 2 "Done"

If you want or think you can add some other functionality, feel free to add it, and then you explain what you have added.

Regards,
Den.