Topic: using sqlite database on network

I want to be able to share the same SQLite database on intranet/network how can I do that. how to make the client interface connect to the database on the network.
(example : SQLite.db is on 192.168.1.254 server and the .exe file is on several computers on the network 192.168.1.3/4/5/6. how I can be able to get 192.168.1.3/4/5 and 6 to connect to the database SQLite.db on 192.168.1.254)
I wrote the example to make myself clear.

Re: using sqlite database on network

This is kind of useless to separate the sqlite.db from the .exe since it is serverless. Create a share on your network with adequate permissions and use that share to store everything and schedule backups for that folder. This is how I worked in my previous position where I had to use the same data for 4 people. Otherwise, you may use MySQL for a more transactional behavior.

Thank you a lot for the reply and I undestand that it is serverless but what i need was to create different interfaces for other users where they can not edit they can just see the result they can print report they can read values. this is why i wanted them to connect to sqlite.db without being able to change.
Anyway i will try to figure out another solution smile

What you want to do requires user permission and permission handling.

As far as I know this is not out of the box available.

On the other side, I am working with a lot of scripts. So I haven't take a deep look into other possibilities.

Maybe somebody else has an example about user permission to divide users into full access and read only access.

It must be done inside the database application. Changing permissions on the network share would be damaging. SQLite needs internal write access for internal purposes. Savest was is to do it inside the application.

Jack,
Not sure if this answering your question. But to point to your database on your network you will load your application project on each of your user computers. Then in each user application you will need to enter the network drive where your database is located using the settings menu option. See below.

https://s17.postimg.org/oiomlr30v/Database_Location.jpg

If you plan to do any updating to the network database by users in the future, you will need to do some other work because SQLite does not play well on a network with multiple users updating simultaneously and you can actually corrupt your db.

Here you can find an example, how to do user permissions:
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1422

Dmitry.