Topic: Checkboxes

Hello MVD !   Can someone please provide me an example of using checkboxes in a form?  Be it via script or using the control itself - PLEASEEE!!!!  Thanks

Re: Checkboxes

Hello gonpublic2k

Please make a search on this forum.
A while ago, Derek made an exemple using CheckBoxes.
It was a database managing persons for which you could define (by the way of checkboxs)
if they were smokers or not smokers.

I couldn't find it but you could succeed to find it

JB

3 (edited by derek 2018-06-06 17:41:21)

Hi Alex, Hi Jean,
You have a good memory Jean - I don't remember writing it - LOL!  But now you reminded me, I have managed to find it and add it to the attachment.
So, in the attachment are actually 2 examples using checkboxes.
The first example is more simple, using standard MVD with no script
The second example has a script to keep sub-totals and things like that and it uses a slightly different style / approach.
Personally, I find check boxes are okay if you have a small number of set alternatives (male or female, small, medium, large - that sort of thing).  Also, it can get a bit confusing if you have more than a couple of checkboxes and they 'allow grayed' as well.
If the options are more numerous or liable to change, then I'd probably go with comboboxes.  But it really depends on the application.
Hope this helps but if not, get back with some more details about what you're trying to do and I'm sure someone can give you some ideas.
Regards,
Derek

Post's attachments

Attachment icon gonpublic checkboxes.zip 728.36 kb, 481 downloads since 2018-06-06 

Thank you both!!  Jean and Derek - cheers!

Hello gonpublic2k, Derek

I knew that by putting some order I will find this example.

Please, find it in this PJ

Regards

Post's attachments

Attachment icon CheckBox.rar 3.66 kb, 574 downloads since 2018-06-07