Topic: I need help with this please!!! URGENT!

Hello All MVD!

I'm calling out the experts on this one because I don't know how to even start sad
What I need:

*  A form that has two fields on top, one to enter the state or province name, the other field to enter the gender(sex),
   3 questions with combobox values to answer (Yes, No, Maybe)

*  Question # 1 and #2 are comboboxes to choose the answer

*  Question # 3 is a multiple choice answer using checkboxes.  The choices are:

- Marihuana   - Alcohol  - Crack  - Extasis .   

Once these values are saved on the table or tables, I need to display a pie chart that gives me the percentage of answers for the different
choices of checkboxes, (that is, Marihuana, Alcohol, Crack, Extasis) by state or province.   Finally a button that prints out a report with
the pie chart. 

Simple right?   I have no idea how to do this.  Please HELP!!!!!

Re: I need help with this please!!! URGENT!

Hi There,
I'm not sure I understand the requirement properly.
For each respondent, you need to know
1.  respondent identifier (presumably anonymous - (counter?)
2.  Question 1 - what state they reside in (combobox with a list of states)
3.  Question 2 - what sex they are (combobox with a choice of genders)
But Queston 3 is where I start to get confused;
If marijuana, alcohol, crack and ecstasy are checkboxes, they can only contain responses of 'yes' or 'no'.  So where does your combobox with values of 'yes', 'no' and 'maybe' fit in?  Perhaps you could explain Question 3 in a bit more detail?
Thanks,
Derek.

derek wrote:

Hi There,
I'm not sure I understand the requirement properly.
For each respondent, you need to know
1.  respondent identifier (presumably anonymous - (counter?)
2.  Question 1 - what state they reside in (combobox with a list of states)
3.  Question 2 - what sex they are (combobox with a choice of genders)
But Queston 3 is where I start to get confused;
If marijuana, alcohol, crack and ecstasy are checkboxes, they can only contain responses of 'yes' or 'no'.  So where does your combobox with values of 'yes', 'no' and 'maybe' fit in?  Perhaps you could explain Question 3 in a bit more detail?
Thanks,
Derek.

Hi, thanks for your response Derek.  You are absolutely right Derek, for question #3 "maybe" is not an option.  I only specified that for the comboboxes, questions 1 and 2, - For question # 3, the choices are checkboxes and they can be more than one, thus I need to calculate, the percentage based on number of responses that were checked by state.  The respondent identifier is anonymous yes, but couuld use a counter or a record ID for that.  Not sure if you understand it that way, I could try to explain a little clearer if I find an example.

Hi Alex,
This probably isn't 100% what you're looking for but I guess you can take the script and tweak it to do more closely what you want.  At least it might give you some more ideas of how to approach the problem. 
It's a bit rough and ready as I'm rushing - so there's not much by way of test data in it and I've not checked that every thing works exactly as it should.
Hope this helps,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon gonpublicdrugs.zip 348.28 kb, 529 downloads since 2018-06-27 

WoooW!!!  Excellent Derek.  Definetely more than what I can understand, there's a lot of potential here.  I'll study this example and the script provided to see how I can adapt the code, thanks so much for this - awesome job!  You say you did this in a hurry, I don't want to see what you can do with a couple of days in your hands!!!!  THANKS! THANKS!  THANKS! 

P.S.  Hope this helps for anyone else out there looking for this information, I know it's a topic that comes along a lot but people are
afraid to ask for help.  Thanks MVD community, you're all great folks.

smile