Re: help share database from disatnce

The link is not working

@thezimguy

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Here is the Dowland
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ozoAgp … 98KWB/view

28 (edited by thezimguy 2018-08-31 08:48:38)

Hello v_pozidis,
Check this. It works
1. Just open and run the project
2. Make sure you have internet connection
3. Enter the password
Boom

Find attached. I just changed your database from sqlite to mySQL and made MVD create the tables on the server
Send me Hi on +233247787029 - WhatsApp
or
Send me your mail for the password to the server
I used my account in your project.
When it works just replace them with your
Regards

Post's attachments

Attachment icon BilDrag_fixed.zip 711.27 kb, 323 downloads since 2018-08-31 

@thezimguy

29 (edited by v_pozidis 2018-09-01 04:20:08)

I have some work to do. I will test it those days.  Thank you for your help and for your time. I will answere you as I will finish my work

v_pozidis, thezimguy and any others who may be interested.

I don't mean to muddy the waters, but I wanted to offer my input. You actualy do not need to utilize a n outside
web host for testing. You can use your own computer for your web services, even for your remote users to test.
If you installed XAMPP server, which it sounds like you did, then you are 90% there. You may be 100% there and not even know it.
XAMPP comes with MySql embedded with it so you do not need to install MySql separately. To see if your webserver is working, all you need
is your WAN IP and to make sure your port 80 on your router is open for incoming traffic. These are easy to
accomplish.

To get your WAN IP and to check your port 80, the easiest way to do that is to go to
http://www.portchecktool.com/. You will immediately see your public IP address at the top of the page.
This is your WAN IP. This address is what you use to access your website remotely for testing. Since this is a dynamic IP, which means your ISP can change it once in awhile. This is where you can go to www.noip.com and create a free account for a host name and they
will take care of the changing IP. But for your testing purposes you do not need to do this.

The next step is to look down the page and to the left on the PortCheckTool.com site and you will see your IP address again loaded 
into a box. Underneath this box you will see another box labeled "What Port?". Type in 80 (this is the common
port web servers typically use). Once you type in 80 in that box, then click on the "Check Your Port" button.
A message will appear letting you know if your port is blocked or is open. If it is open, then you are
already set for web access and your remote users can get to your web pages with your database right now.

If your port is blocked, then you need to get into your router's settings and change port 80. I can't help you specifically
on how to access your router's settings because all routers are different, but you should have received instructions that came
with your router on how to do this. Typically it is a specific router address that you type into the address bar
of your browser. You will need your login info which again should have come with your router. Typically it is
username of "admin" and passwrord "admin" or "password". You may be required to change your password if this is the first
time logging into your router. Once you login into your router look for "port forwarding". In port forwarding, look for
port 80. Since every router is different, I don't know exactly what the process is for your router, but there should be
a button or something to enable incoming traffic on port 80. It may say "Enable", "Open", "Allow" or something like that.
As soon as you enable port 80, save your settings and don't forget to record your new password if you changed it.

To test for remote user access. You can use your phone to do this. Bring up the XAMPP control panel on your desktop and turn on
Apache and if you are using MySql also turn on MySql. Make sure you turn off wi-fi on your phone
so your phone is accessing through the internet and not your internal network. Go into your browser on your phone and
type in http://yourpublicid. Your public IP is the WAN IP address displayed on PortCheckTool.com.  Hit ENTER and the XAMPP server dashboard should appear on your phone. If it is displayed then your webserver is working and your website on
your computer can be accessible from the internet. You can have your remote user enter in the same thing on their
computer browser screen and they should see the same XAMPP dashboard page.

All you need to do now is to put your website (php scripts, etc) into the XAMPP htdocs folder. I would recommend creating a separate folder with your web pages. So go into C:\xampp\htdocs and create a new folder. You can name it anything you want (no spaces). Copy your web pages and scripts into this folder. This can be the webgrid scripts generated from MVD. Once you do that go back to your browser and type in http://yourpublicid/yourwebfolder on your phone. Now your website should appear. Your remote user again can type in this same address and see the same thing.

I know I put a lot of words here, but to get your computer accessible as a webhost for testing is really not a long
process and is rather simple. To put icing on the cake, you can actually put a sqlite database in your website. You
won't be able to use MVD webgrid to do this because MVD requires MySql for the webgrid. You will either need to write
your own scripts or use another PHP script generator to be able to access your sqlite database.

I have personally done this and actually use it for my work. I can get to my sqlite desktop database remotely away from my office and any updates are there when I get back to the office in my MVD project on the desktop. But it's only me accessing it. I can turn on/off my web server as needed, if I'm going to be away from the office.  I don't necessarily recommend using sqlite for a lot of users updating online, but a couple is fine. You can have more users if they are just viewing.

Anyone reading this, let me make it clear that if you are going to use your MVD project for heavy duty user interaction to a database in a production environment, then you should use MySql as the database and you probably should use a dedicated computer for webhosting to keep your site open all the time and more secure and especially if you are updating the same database offline and online. Or use a separate webhosting company. Keep in mind that if you use another webhost, then you will need to keep your online database updated from your offline database. Obviously, if you do not have an offline database, then this is not an issue.

Hope this helps and I hope I didn't confuse you. Just to let you know, I'm not an expert in web access. I only know the basics, so for
detailed information I may not be the right person to provide it.

Hi thezimguy. I have test it and works fine.  Thank's.

After that us I understand I get a new file like sqlite.slq whih I import to phpMyAdmin.
Can you suggest me a free web site  to test it?

Ok. Send me please the sqlite.db and let me convert it to SQL that you can import onto mysql through phpMyAdmin

34 (edited by v_pozidis 2018-09-20 09:24:58)

https://www.000webhost.com/hosting-free … gJ1pPD_BwE

Could this solve the sqlite multi-user issue?

https://www.sqlitening.planetsquires.co … pic=9427.0

I am just saying....

Post's attachments

Attachment icon SQLitening.Pdf 219.86 kb, 1529 downloads since 2018-10-02 

Hello there, one way to achieve this is with NGROK https://ngrok.com/, it exposes a local port to internet, so you can share  your mysql server to a remote client without a public ip