Topic: Activate IP Calls from within My Visual Database

Hello all MVD community,

I need ideas or some sort of a sample script to activate IP calls from an MVD application.  Basically what I want is the user
to lookup in the database for any name of an employee and have the related extension number show then hit a button that
'Dials" the extension number from within MVD.  I don't know if this is even possible or if there's an external program we need
to call from within MVD, that's why I posted the question. 

QUICK NOTE:  ( The IP Phone is connected to the PC, thus the IP phone feeds the internet connection to the PC, if that
helps at all. )

Thanks!!

Re: Activate IP Calls from within My Visual Database

It depends on the software of ip phone.

Try to call using this script:

procedure Form1_Button1_OnClick (Sender: TObject; var Cancel: boolean);
begin
   OpenFile('callto:12345555555');
end;
Dmitry.

DriveSoft wrote:

It depends on the software of ip phone.

Try to call using this script:

procedure Form1_Button1_OnClick (Sender: TObject; var Cancel: boolean);
begin
   OpenFile('callto:12345555555');
end;

I don't think the IP Phone has a software installed on the PC.  These phones are all fed through the ethernet connection and then feed the PC for internet access.  They're Cisco SPA 502G  Series. They're VOIP but I don't think that any software is installed on the PC's for them to work.  They just work as regular phone lines but over ethernet.

IP Phone does not support, I should to buy components to add it to MVD.

Dmitry.

DriveSoft wrote:

IP Phone does not support, I should to buy components to add it to MVD.

Ahhh ok. I understand.  That would be awesome if it can be added in the future for updates of MVD.  Thanks Dimitry

FEATURE REQUEST for future updates.

**(CTI) Computer Telephony Integration with My Visual Database.

Please!! smile

Hello all MVD,

Dmitry, I found this info I'm not sure if it'll help at all but talks about developing your own CTI interface with a programming language of your
choice.  Perhaps something to look at when planning on developing a client or a way to interface from within MVD:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/v … r_0100.pdf

Hope it helps!!

8 (edited by reteinformatica 2019-08-29 20:10:28)

Hello,
sorry but the phone is not connected to the computer, it passes the network so that the computer can also use the network, that is, it is simply a switch but the phone is connected to the network not to the computer.
Obviously computer and phone are, at least I think, connected on the same subnet so you could use a program that allows you to call from your computer through an IP phone, if it exists.