Topic: Time format in TableGrid and IntelliSense issues

Hi,

I have chosen the time format hh:mm tt  while entering record. However, when records are shown in Tablegrid, it shows seconds as well.

I want to get rid of the seconds in table grid.

Another main problem is intelliSense.
Intellisense hints are provided if we put  . after form, and TableGrid, but when we wrote . Cells [i, j]
and put .   , No help or intellisense is shown , which is most important for us sad

How can I know all the properties/methods for each control and specifically cells in TableGrid sad

2 (edited by derek 2019-11-09 11:03:01)

Re: Time format in TableGrid and IntelliSense issues

Hi Eishaalkashif,
The format of fields in the 'edit form' is not necessarily the same as how they are formatted in the tablegrid;  this is intentional as you might want to see information displayed differently (for example, you might what to see values displayed as whole amounts in the tablegrid but want to see it displayed to 2 decimal places in the edit form,  or a date shown in short-format in the tablegrid but in long-format in the edit form etc).
To format dates in the grid, please see the attached example.
Also, please see how you can use hints against specific columns and specific cells just by clicking on a cell.  For example, in Column 0, it takes the specific value in that cell and combines it with an sql call to retrieve some extra information to display as a hint.  Hints against the other columns are specific to the entire column
Hope this helps,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon tableformatting.zip 337.78 kb, 344 downloads since 2019-11-09 

Hi Derek,

Thanks a bunch for the code to change time format.

However, for the second question, I believe you misunderstood me.

I am not asking about hint in the TableGrid. I am asking about the intellisense hint during coding the script in the IDE.

How can I know what properties/methods are available to work with TableGrid. The IDE showns the methods and properties form the TableGrid, but when we wtire Form1.Tablegrid1.Columns[i,j]. , nothing is shown in intellisense.

Anyways  is there detailed documentation available (other than your book and manual) for Tablegrid?

Regards

Hello.

Soon I will add possibility to set format date/time for fields which will apply for all visual controls.
In the current version you can change date format for TableGrid by script:

procedure Form1_TableGrid1_OnChange (Sender: TObject);
begin
     TNxTimeColumn(Form1.TableGrid1.Columns[0]).FormatMask :='HH:mm am/pm';
end;

Also I plan to improve the IntelliSense.

Dmitry.