Topic: Some questions regarding taborders

Hi,

I tried to have more than one sequence of "taborders" to get the ability to build input blocks.
If I jump from field to field and I'm on the last field of a block, then I want to jump back to the first field of this block.
If I click into another block then I want to go around within this other block.
Clicking on a button brings me into the button block. Pressing TAB there lets me go round within the buttons.
I tried many combinations with tabstop=false and I also tried to write other taborder numbers into the taborder properties of the objects. Nothing worked as expected.

Q1: Is that even possible without scripting?
If not, I suggest a property like e.g. "NextTabNumber". If there is a value in this property for a field, then MVD jumps to this taborder number instead of following the regular taborder.

During the tests I could see, that when I'm on the last button (Tab11 in the example) and I jump to the first field (Tab0),
the first button (Tab8) will get a blue frame as if it would have focus. But the cursor is blinking in text field (Tab0), which means that this field has the focus.

Q2: What does that frame really mean?

(picture is in the zip of the small test project)

Kind Regards
Wood

Post's attachments

Attachment icon TAB-Test4.zip 344.52 kb, 251 downloads since 2019-12-03 

2 (edited by derek 2019-12-04 18:50:53)

Re: Some questions regarding taborders

Hi Wood,
I had the same problem a couple of years ago. 
The only solution I could come up with was using panels and setting them to 'enabled = true' or 'enabled = false'. 
You then use 'tab' to go from one field to the next within a block or (in the attached example) use ''left arrow' and 'right arrow'' to jump between blocks (you could use other keys but 'left arrow' and 'right arrow' seemed a logical choice).
I appreciate it's a work-around but perhaps it gives you some ideas,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon leftandright.zip 337.65 kb, 267 downloads since 2019-12-04 

Hi Derek

Thank you for this clue with the panels.
It might be a solution and I will check it out.

Do you have also an answer for my second question (the blue frame)?

Regards
Wood

4 (edited by derek 2019-12-06 12:41:01)

Hi,
The 'frame' around the button is because it is defined as the 'default' (when you press 'enter'  whichever button is defined as the default is the button-action that is executed, no matter where you are on the form).
If you de-select the 'default' property for all buttons on your form, then the 'frame' should only appear around any button when you have tabbed into it.
Please see the attached screen-shot.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon default.jpg 188.51 kb, 126 downloads since 2019-12-06