Topic: Annoying 'feature' of MVD

I seem to have a problem using a PageControl layed over a panel.

Everytime I compile the project components have a tendency to change their top and left parameters all by themselves.

Sometimes the position settings in the designer are ignored at runtime.

As can be seen below at design time a label is lined up.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon labelaligned.PNG 77.63 kb, 115 downloads since 2020-06-12 

On a clear disk you can seek forever

2 (edited by CDB 2020-06-12 10:21:42)

Re: Annoying 'feature' of MVD

Above result at runtime. As can be seen - unaligned.

Another problem is datetime pickers untick themselves on compile despite setting them to true in the object inspector.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon labelatruntime.PNG 53.3 kb, 143 downloads since 2020-06-12 

Hi,
There are two properties for the datetimepicker object ('default checked' and 'checked');  I have no idea if there is any subtle difference between the two.  But if you want the datetimepicker object to be ticked at run-time, I always select the second one ('checked'). 
Please see the attached screenshot.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon cdb screenshot.jpg 225.59 kb, 124 downloads since 2020-06-12 

4 (edited by CDB 2020-06-12 20:58:34)

Yes thanks Derek,  I do have both ticked, it is so annoying when it happens because most of the date pickers are 'not visible'.   Maybe that is the problem as it doesn't seem to happen so much with the visible date pickers.

The inexplicable moving of buttons and edit boxes is more of a pain though. It only happens with the components placed on the page control. I think the problem might be as the form is saved some corruption happens which changes the right and bottom settings of the page in the XML file, and  as the page control is not resizeable once laid out it makes it appear that components have moved.

In fact I've just checked using XML Notepad  the page control dimensions have changed between savings.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon xml_discrepancies.PNG 259.5 kb, 128 downloads since 2020-06-12