Topic: Calendar and Alerts

Hi All,

The attached sample project was done by Derek and EHW and posted here.
I wanted to add reminder alerts (text and sound) to calendar task using EHW's scripts but couldn't make it to work. Could anybody make them work?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon CalendarWithReminders.zip 26.13 kb, 324 downloads since 2020-07-09 

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.

Re: Calendar and Alerts

Adam,
Revised project attached. I changed you timer procedure a little. One thing was your date comparison needed to compare date format as 'YY-MM-DD'. You have the option to pick an alternate message so I put in a check for the alt text to be displayed if the checkbox is checked. Also, you need to be able to check for an alert notification for a task if the date/time has passed while the program is not running. So if a date and time has passed when you start the program you will get a notification immediately. And finally, you need a way to shut off the reminder otherwise you will get notified every second. So I put in an update to set the reminder datetime to null after notification.

I also put in a doubleclick procedure for the tasklist tablegrid in order to be able to edit from the tablegrid. This may be needed if you have overlapping tasks.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon CalendarWithReminders Revised.zip 359.75 kb, 354 downloads since 2020-07-11 

Hi EHW,

Thank you very much for your kind help..........

Unless, I'm doing something wrong, sound alerts is not working for me

Adam

Adam,
I didn't look into that part of it. I only concentrated on the popup message part. I'll take a look at it. Probably tomorrow sometime.

Adam,
Sounds did not work because you didn't have any code to play any sounds. I created a sound folder and put a sound in there. Code was inserted to play a sound when the task reminder time arrives.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon CalendarWithReminders Revised2.zip 392.58 kb, 576 downloads since 2020-07-13 

Thank you very much EHW........................
Truly appreciated...............

Adam

7 (edited by AD1408 2021-01-03 01:37:28)

ehwagner wrote:

Adam,
Sounds did not work because you didn't have any code to play any sounds. I created a sound folder and put a sound in there. Code was inserted to play a sound when the task reminder time arrives.

Happy new year to all..............

Could EHW or anyone else check and correct loop and repeating alerts in EHW's "CalendarWithReminders Revised2.zip - post #5 above" please. They don't seems to be not working for me.

Adam

just bumping above spam posts...

Adam

9 (edited by tjohnson0473 2021-03-20 13:54:48)

Is there a way to adapt "CalendarWithReminders Revised2" to the new styles? I have added it to my project but the main calendar background is white and you cant see the data in column 1. I would like it to be as dark as the task list, but still, show the colors when a task is set. Currently, I am using the style AuquaGraphite. I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon CalendarWithReminders Revised2png.png 30.69 kb, 109 downloads since 2021-03-20 

Is there the possibility that 2 events are seen on the calendar grid at the same time? They can be identified by different colors.  Xq in the examples when 2 tasks are registered at the same time, one appears on top of the other.