Topic: FORM ALWAYS TOP

HELLO MVD.

Is there way to display a form always on top?
Please Help!

Thanks!

Re: FORM ALWAYS TOP

Hi Manixs,
I'm not sure you can achieve what you want.
But perhaps by laying out your forms appropriately, you can (sort of) get the effect by specifying the position of subordinate forms (podesigned property of the subordinate forms) so that the main form is always visible.
Derek

Post's attachments

Attachment icon formontop.zip 338.57 kb, 241 downloads since 2020-09-08 

Thanks DEREK!

Very much appreciated your sample and suggestion and I think this will help to others that are looking for this kind of solution. But anyway, a sample or solution that I am looking for is a FORM that always on the top of any active form regardless of the area of position and at same time you can toggle to the active form and vice versa.

Hope you can do it form me!

Thanks A Lot!

Useful tip, Derek,
Can it  be implemented on main form (Form1) to determine form start-position on screen?
Eg, top 0, left 0 or center position or whole screen (depending on screen-size)?

Hello Zlaya,Hello Derek

As Derek said, you can use property Position from Object Inspector and choose poScreenCenter if you want your form(s) be centeredin the middle of your screen.

JB

Hi @derek, excuse me to all for off topic. I need help for my project I don't know where to hit my head anymore, would you be kind enough to take a look at it? Thank you so much.

Topic: http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6950

7 (edited by derek 2020-09-10 23:58:00)

Hello Zlaya, Salut Jean,
Yes, you can position the main form (Form1) anywhere on the screen by using screen.width and screen.height together with the 'podesigned' property of the Form1 object.
In this case, it is then probably better to set the positions of Form2 and Form3 RELATIVE to Form1.
Please see attached example.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon formontop2.zip 338.89 kb, 224 downloads since 2020-09-11