Topic: Form position in the IDE

Hi All,
I have a question about Form Name positions in the IDE.
-
I have a bunch of Forms that are in my project.
Lets say that I want to change or update something on multiple forms.
-
When I open one of the forms it moves that Forms Name down to the first row just above the actual form.
-
That's OK but it seems to scramble the order of the forms on the other rows.
-
Then when I want to update a second form I have to search through all the other Form Names until I find the one that I want.
Then when I choose it, it goes through the same scrambling process again.
-
This is obviously not a big deal, however to me it's frustrating to have to look for each form name because it's somewhere else in the order.
-
I tried to click and drag to a new position but their position still gets scrambled.
-
It would be nice if Form Names always stayed in the same place and just the one I'm using would be highlighted.  Then I could arrange them alphabetically and they would be easy to locate.
-
As I mentioned, this is not a big deal.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if there might be a workaround for the issue?
-
Thanks, Frank

2 (edited by derek 2020-09-13 00:53:11)

Re: Form position in the IDE

Hi Frank,
I think we've all played 'find the form' at one time or other!
The way I get around it when working with a large number of forms is to click on the 'forms' tab in the IDE, de-select them all and then just tick one (or  a sub-set) of form(s) I need for the particular task in hand.  The order of the forms in the 'forms' tab is always alphabetical so they're relatively easy to locate.  Please see attached.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon frankfindform.jpg 243.28 kb, 100 downloads since 2020-09-13 

Re: Form position in the IDE

Derek,
That works great, just what I needed.
-
I can just leave them all selected and just click on the one that I want and it brings it right up.
It sure beats searching through the ones that are at the top and get moved around.
-
It reminds me of the game Wack-A-Mole.  They just keep popping up in various places.
Thanks, Frank