Topic: MariaDB Existing Tables

I am using MariaDB V10.2.14

I can connect to it in MVD just fine. I can add a new table thru MVD and it shows in the application when I view the Database Schema it only shows me that one table that I added. All the existing tables that are in the database aren't showing.

I am using MVD 6.4

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a way to load all the tables into the "Show the database schema"

Thanks
Alan

2 (edited by derek 2020-11-28 19:55:56)

Re: MariaDB Existing Tables

Hi Alan,
What does it show in the 'show the database schema' immediately after you've connected MariaDB and BEFORE you make any additions?
Also, what does the contents of the tables.ini show immediately after connecting and before any additions?
Derek.

3 (edited by asawyer13 2020-11-28 23:17:44)

As soon as I connect to the mariaDB database and before I do anything on a new project the tables.ini file is empty.
There is no dbschema.ini file at all.

As soon as I click on the dbschema button, it creates an empty dbschema.ini file. The tables.ini file is still empty.

Now I will add a new table inside MVD.

I added a table called Apple..

The tables.ini file now contains
[apple]
isdictionary=0
-Name=TEXT

and the dbschema.ini is still empty.

When I click on the dbschema button, it adds to the empty dbschema.ini file so it now says

[main]
xdbdiagram_apple=30
ydbdiagram_apple=10
wdbdiagram_apple=110
hdbdiagram_apple=130

Hopefully that helps?

This problem is preventing my friend from purchasing MVD as he has quite a few existing tables in the database that he would want to add to his mvd project.

Hopefully there is a way to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Hi... can you attach an example project ... i want to know how to connect mariaDB.. thanks

MariaDB is a drop in replacement for MySQL so you just connect to it like you would MySQL. Nothing special that you have to do.

Does that work?

7 (edited by ehwagner 2020-11-30 01:03:09)

If you have pre-existing MySql/ Maria DB tables, you need to define the tables and fields in MVD (Database tab). But you only need to define the tables that you plan to access in MVD. One way to do this is to start with defining these tables and fields as Sqlite tables. Then switch the database to MySql and connect to your database. You then can use MVD forms and scripts to access and manipulate your Maria database. Hope this helps. It's probably not what you want to hear, but once you have the tables defined, making changes to the schema can be done through MVD.

Thanks for the information. Yes, not what I wanted to hear, but I understand and will see if my friend can deal with it.

Thanks again for your help.

Alan