1 (edited by radsoft 2021-04-02 20:16:34)

Topic: Can we have a bug fix release please?

Hello Drivesoft,

would it be possible for you to release a new MVD version (v6.51) purely as a bug fix release please? Can you confirm that Drivesoft has the capability to do this as it looks increasingly like the original Dmitry is no longer involved and the risk for us releasing applications to customers is significant given the number of unresolved bugs and no response to these.
Thanks and regards

Re: Can we have a bug fix release please?

+1

Domebil

radsoft wrote:

Hello Drivesoft,

would it be possible for you to release a new MVD version (v6.51) purely as a bug fix release please? Can you confirm that Drivesoft has the capability to do this as it looks increasingly like the original Dmitry is no longer involved and the risk for us releasing applications to customers is significant given the number of unresolved bugs and no response to these.
Thanks and regards

Dimitry is no longer supporting MVD??  Is this true?

Dimtr has left the building...
Now MVD is abandoned
Very sad....

5 (edited by domebil 2021-04-23 08:03:08)

I don't think he left.
in case he would have sold his business.
released a 6.6 beta version

Domebil

It seems that development of MVD has come to an end and that the developers are no longer concerned about bug fixes, questions from users or further development of the program. Dmitry is silent. After the last update (styles and bug fixes) I thought of buying a "life time license", but now I don't.

I think if he had gone away he would have sold his company, but anything is possible!

Domebil

maybe he's just sick of this virus

Domebil

Anything is possible.
The newsgroups still exists

but... for how long...

- No pro-active communications
- No answers on questions
- No maintenaince in the newsgroups (look in the list of users: sort registration date / decending. tenth of spam users per day!)

It's just not sufficient to say "hello I'm bussy" once in a while.
There is no involement any more...

No involvement means no future for MVD...

Hello all MVD worried

Dmitry is alive and well (No Covid, he and his family were vaccinated).
I got him by email about three weeks ago to send him a new version of the MVD documentation (6.5) in French.
He acknowledged it to me by email.
He still manages MVD as well as his colleague K25 (nickname in the forum).

JB

It's good to hear that Dimtr is doing well. Thanks very much for the message Jean.
Great news!

But the fact that you are reporting this means that there is no involvement from Dimtr. That needs to change to keep or regain trust.
He needs to develop MVD further, in cooperation with the users.

Dimtr would do well to follow the posts on the forum and respond from time to time.

This is a good and friendly forum. Users help each other, Dimtr does not need to interfere in everything.
But, being absent for months is another extreme. That detracts from the bright future MVD has.

Greetings to Dimtr, and thanks again for the message Jean.

Where is he?