1 (edited by papafrankc 2021-10-07 01:44:00)

Topic: Filter records in FastReport

Hi All,
I would like to filter some records in FastReport.  I've learned that I can filter records using Report(SQL).  However I would like to do it in Report only, if possible.  It is because I have a number fields that come from different tables and it looks like it would be quite a chore to do it in ReportSQL.
Everything I've read says that it can be done in FastReport but I haven't been able set it up.  I'm wondering if our MVD version of FastReport does not have that feature?
I've attached a screenshot of the form I would like to print.  The top portion is for a piece of Equipment and the bottom grid is for all of the services on that piece of equipment. I need to show only the services performed for this piece of equipment.
Right now my form is kinda messy in my opinion and I'm going to work on cleaning it up later.  For now the data is correct so I'm just working on functionality.
Thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks, Frank

Re: Filter records in FastReport

Hi All,
I would like to filter some records in FastReport.  I've learned that I can filter records using Report(SQL).  However I would like to do it in Report only, if possible.  It is because I have a number fields that come from different tables and it looks like it would be quite a chore to do it in ReportSQL.
Everything I've read says that it can be done in FastReport but I haven't been able set it up.  I'm wondering if our MVD version of FastReport does not have that feature?

Re: Filter records in FastReport

One option is to perform your filtering on the tablegrid in MVD itself. 
Then simply pass the filtered data through to Fast Report.
This can be done just with the 'report' option rather than 'reportsql'.
Derek.