1 (edited by identity 2022-06-22 15:46:33)

Topic: checkbox search

Hi everyone
please someone tell me how to search with a checkbox without the need for using a button with search action.
What I mean is that as soon as I tick a checkbox, the results are shown on a tablegrid without pressing the search button.
I have a sample that works fine but I can't make heads or tails about how it works. please guide me through it because when I use the SQL query in this sample with the exact script for a button in my own project, it does not work like it and I have to click on the search button to show the records.
thanks

Post's attachments

Attachment icon New.rar 292.68 kb, 103 downloads since 2022-06-22 

Re: checkbox search

Hi,
Using checkboxes in a search is no different to using any other object (edit field, combobox, datetimepicker etc).
Just add them to the list of parameter attached to your 'search' button and then set the 'incremental search' property against each of the parameters (please see attached).
Checkboxes can be confusing to users because of their 'yes' or 'no' status so it is probably necessary to set the 'allow grayed' option to 'true'.  It also helps to do something like changing the checkbox caption to reflect the selection.
Alternatively, use comboboxes instead of checkboxes which are probably more user friendly and more flexible.
Regards,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon New2.zip 337.55 kb, 152 downloads since 2022-06-22