Topic: Multiple Records Being Updated

HI.  New user here so I'm thinking I probably misconfigured something.

I have a table grid that displays all records - it's a long listing of words.  When I select one row and then click on the edit button (show record action), a form opens that displays the one record.  I have ranking values assigned to the words.  When I change the ranking and click the save button (save record action), the edit form closes, and in the grid, I can see the new ranking score but also several other records around the selected record also have their ranks updated to the new value.

Is there any way I can view the update record query that is triggered when I click the save button?  That might help in troubleshooting what is happening.

Thank you.

Re: Multiple Records Being Updated

Hi,
Can you attach your project?  If this is not possible, make a small project that demonstrates the issue.
When you attach your project, delete the .exe file and then zip the application folder.
Derek.

3 (edited by jimrgarrison 2022-09-19 16:06:21)

I have attached it.  I just tried to reproduce the problem and was unable to do so.   But since this is my first project if you don't mind take a look and let me know if what I'm doing looks correct.  The project is far from complete so I'd rather be sure I'm on the right track early.  Thank you.

Got this message when I submitted the reply: 
Warning! The following errors must be corrected before your message can be posted:
The selected file was too large to upload. The server didn't allow the upload.

File is 2.6 MB.  The database is pretty large - I'll delete some of the records from the file I send and try again.

Hi,
If after deleting the .exe file and zipping the application folder, the compressed file is still too large, you can always use a filesharing site to upload your project and then post the link if that's easier than deleting the data.
Derek.

Second try to attach project

Post's attachments

Attachment icon wordlist_project.zip 1.11 mb, 219 downloads since 2022-09-19 

Hi,
Had a look and couldn't reproduce the original problem. 
But what you're doing is standard MVD and I've never encountered anything like that.
So, as a basis for moving forward, what you've doing so far looks fine.
You could perhaps look to try things like incremental searches (to make it a bit more user-friendly), use 'fuzzy' searches, use the built-in tablgrid 'count' function rather than doing it in your script etc but that's just down to personal choice.
Derek.