Topic: What to implement first?

I do not know what to implement in the first place, so I am opening the vote, please recommend your variant most relevant for you.

Dmitry.

Re: What to implement first?

I would say you shouldn't need to vote.

You need to structure your Database help facility before anything else and if you haven't enough time to do this then get help from your customers as you are helping them to create programs.

If you want me to help you I will put some time a side to give you free assistants on designing and compiling an help system.

1. A PDF file is a starting point.
2. You could even compile a database to use in conjuction with your forum support.

all its needs is a bit of       'ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL'      Help.

This is  The Three Musketeer  saying.

The Engineer

The Engineer

Thank you for the help, i don't have problem with designing or compiling an help system, i need translater from my native language to english.

Thanks )

Dmitry.

You can get translation information free software on the internet to any language.

The possibilty to import an already existing Sqlite database or straight from csv would be great! I have a Sqlite database but I cannot figure out how to use it, I am not eager to recreate 488 rows manually!!

tcoton
You can use for it free tool SQLiteStudio http://sqlitestudio.pl/

Dmitry.

7 (edited by tcoton 2014-06-26 20:24:13)

Ok, I understood that we can use the free tool Sqlite Studio but I tried it and it is not that easy to manage.... I struggled to import data due to the difference in columns, you have an id column which I do not have.

My idea was to create my database outside Myvisualdatabase and use my external SQLite database but it does not work. So if I understand your way of working, I should create the database inside Myvisualdatabase and import the data exported from another Sqlite database. It just drives me crazy smile

Edit...13:40 I now understood how your database works and the database must be named sqlite.db to work with the software...

My meaning in my precedent message was to implement the possibility to import data inside myvisualdatabase during the creation process.

Another great stuff which could be implemented would be the possibility to personalize the form with a background, to put a logo or changing the application icon.

tcoton
I'll plane make export/import functions in future.

For form background ang logo you can use component Image: http://myvisualdatabase.com/help_ru/components/image.png

Dmitry.

Great news for the import!!

I used the component Image, but I realized that the path to the image is not relative and the images are not copied automatically, so if you move the application to another computer, the images are not displayed anymore.

I finished my first application and man, you rock. This frontend maker is absolutely great. It is the best and the easiest to use I found so far! No programmation encyclopedies to learn by heart, not a single line of code to write to make a database application in minutes...you are a genius man!

I would like to better understand what the other components are and how to use them.

tcoton
You can use image component and don't worry about it, all graphics stored in graphics.dll file

Dmitry.

I would add function CopyForm ... if I have many dictionary tables I must do many forms ;-) Or function "Create standard forms" - and it will for example create frmGroups and frmGroupName forms from the PhoneBook.

But I have find nice finesse - just to modify xml and there copy sections and replace Name of forms ... so after that it's very simple.

Adding properties combobox with filter.
Something like that, example

WHERE Active = 1

so no need write scripts

Thank You

zappy and rodhi
Thank you for ideas.

Dmitry.

navigation ie - "First Next Previous Last"

rodhi wrote:

navigation ie - "First Next Previous Last"

It would be very usefull

I think it would be nice if you added an option to make it just clean the form instead of closing it while saving a new record. In this way you don't have to reopen the form window each time if you want to add a new record (very useful if you're adding a ton of records in one time).

Grivell
Please, uncheck option "Close the current form after saving" in settings button for save.
Then create event for save button, where you can cleal controls

procedure Form1_Button1_OnAfterClick (Sender: string);
begin
  Form1.Edit1.Clear;
  Form1.ComboBox.dbItemID := -1;
end;
Dmitry.

Uh yeah, that could work too I suppose. But I tried to put that code into the script window (while replacing the names of course) and now it says " 'BEGIN' expected" when I try to run the database, and it doesn't clear nothing at all in the window. What did go wrong?

(Please move the discussion in a new thread if you like)

Grivell
make sure that the end of the code has:

begin

end.
Dmitry.

20 (edited by Grivell 2014-07-29 00:47:16)

The error window doesn't popup anymore, but still the code isn't working. Here's how it looks like:

procedure entry_OkButton_OnAfterClick (Sender: string);
begin
  entry.enAut.Clear;
  entry.enTit.Clear;
  entry.typeR.dbItemID := -1;
end;

begin

end.

It correctly saves the record, but doesn't clear the fields nor close the window (since I told it not to close it).

21 (edited by rodhi 2014-08-05 03:59:24)

how to clear in tablegrid?

Form1.TableGrid.Clear

not working

sorry, working with

Form1.TableGrid.ClearRows

Hello,
i think it's very important to implement  the line where error are occurred in script on message error window;

my 2 cent;

thank's

1.)  Do not have the program maximize on startup.  Have it remember its last size and position.
2.)  A way to add my company's info to the About box.
3.)  More gadets(controls) e.g. toolbar, treeview; webrowser (for html), statusbar, etc.
4.)  A way to hide/protect your script from the end user.

p.s.  thanks for making nice program.

slim
1. Please, download example project: Save Load Form size and place.zip

2. You can create Form with your info and hide About item from menu: Form1.mniAbout.Visible := False;

3. Planned.

4. You can delete file script.pas from folder Script, as in the folder have compiled version of the script.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Save Load Form size and place.zip 4.58 kb, 1660 downloads since 2014-11-19 

Dmitry.

@DriveSoft

For #1 above, first off, thank you for the example; I will use it for my projects; but I was referring to your program "MyVisualDB.exe".  I would prefer it to stay where and how I put it.  It always opens up maximized.

Also, a couple of more suggestions to make this useful program even more so:

5.)  see grid dots in snap to grid in the form designer window
6.)  adjustable grid spacing
7.)  Tooltips for buttons (and other controls where appropriate)

Thank you for your time.