Topic: subform

I have a form with a subform  that is called when I look up a customer.  It returns the customer info to the main form.

I want to do the same thing on another form which I could completely duplicate the form - but I got to thinking - is there a way to pass the form id to the sub form so that It  can be called  from any form that wants that method of selecting a customer.

Re: subform

Hi Timlitw,
On the face of it, it sounds like you just need to pass through form1.tablegrid1.dbitem to the sub-form to relate the two together - but maybe I've misunderstood your question - any chance you can attach your project (or an example) so we can better understand the problem?
Regards,
Derek.

timlitw
Please attach your example project.

Dmitry.

I came across the "search in combo" topic and downloaded the beta version to try it

It is a better solution than what I came up with, Which was a combo hidden behind a text that with an onclick opened a sub form positioned above it that had a field and a table grid to simulate a searchable combo.

the only problem with using the beta is that the generated .exe causes a security warning.   But I can wait to roll out to producton until this is ready.  It will get rid of 4 of subforms I had already used.