Topic: Excel Report - Anyway to format it ?

Since the excel report is an automatic option to export to that format, is there anyway to format its output on how the columns are displayed and that sort of thing?  (For example making the columns width according to the data contained in them ) I'm thinking maybe there's a way to add an event to the button like an 'On Click' and write the appropiate script to tell the action how the format of the spreadsheet will look like.   Any ideas?

Please help, appreciate it.

Re: Excel Report - Anyway to format it ?

Uses button with action "Open in Excel" not provide any options to customize output format.
You should use for that button with action "Report" to design report then you can export it to excel.

Dmitry.

3 (edited by gonpublic2k 2017-03-08 13:07:50)

Re: Excel Report - Anyway to format it ?

DriveSoft wrote:

Uses button with action "Open in Excel" not provide any options to customize output format.
You should use for that button with action "Report" to design report then you can export it to excel.

Really?   I thought there was a way to customize the output maybe with a script.  The problem is if I create the report it saves it in .frt  format and
Excel cannot read it.  Even if I can export it from the report viewer window, it doesn't come out the way I want it in Excel.  The action button to open in Excel works pefect putting what's on the grid in Excel but does not provide any way to format it.  sad   Oh well, I'll have to live with it.  Thanks Dimitry.