Topic: Contextual help file

Hello Dmitry and all MVD fans,

I have prepared a great help file for my application, only problem is that, when menu is clicked, it always open at the start page.

Do you know how I could link Forms or Buttons with specific index in the help file to make it contextual and open it at the corresponding page ? Do you know if this is possible in the current version ?

A workaround would be to create many short help files and link each of them to the corresponding Form / Button, but that would not be very practical on an update point of view smile

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Mathias

I'm a very good housekeeper !
Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house

Zaza Gabor

Re: Contextual help file

@sergen,

Hey !! Very clever workaround ! It works indeed !
Thank a lot for that tip, very useful !!

@Dmitry,

I don't know how complicated this would be, but this would be great if you could implement the :

• HelpContext

• HelpFile

• HelpKeyword

and / or  the OnHelp event properties in MVD.

Or maybe just  the "ShellExecute" command that could do the trick

More an more of us are building complicated and powerfull applications thanks to you, and this would be a great addition to MVD and our applications.

Cheers

Mathias

I'm a very good housekeeper !
Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house

Zaza Gabor

Dear Sergen and Mathmathou!
Could you attach an example of your work using help method?

Thank you Sergen. Its very useful for me. By the way are you from Turkey?

sergen wrote:

Yes I am from Turkiye. Unfortunately my mvd trial is over. But if you ask me about delphi, I can help you.

Kusuruma bakma, Turkey yazdigim icin. Delphi ile pek calismiyorum. Kullandigimiz programin surecini uzatmak istersen yardimci olabilirim, fakat burda soyleyemem.

Please download latest version (3.3), example:
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewt … ?pid=19481

Dmitry.