Topic: Child to parent Filter

Sir,

How to create calculate field that filter child data.

I need know how many student register for course and software.

In 'Filter Data group' the data,  it should show student data that are register for course &  software

Also

In course count and software count, in need how many student register.

Please tell how to do using calculate field or any other way.

Please see attach file

Regards
Nitin Ingale

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Child to parent Filter.rar 7.21 kb, 359 downloads since 2017-05-20 

2 (edited by kim143 2017-05-21 03:13:04)

Re: Child to parent Filter

I tried to do few things, tell me its ok or not, have fun smile

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Child to parent Filter.zip 11.86 kb, 365 downloads since 2017-05-20 

Thanks Sir, For how to count Course and Software.

Sir,

The first main Query is,

I need the  list of student those are register for course and software by applying "search child - filter button".

by selecting the course name and then on click "search child - filter button" the grid table should display the students name those are register for course. similarly for software.

in this way I can count course name and in combination by selecting the software name for query, I also know how many software unit are belong to course. (We can display student course count followed by software count belong to course.) 

Please help how we can create using calculate field or there way.

Thanks

Regards
Nitin Ingale

Hello @nitin.ingale08 I am still learning and I have no idea how calculated field works some easy stuff like adding two columns I can do that. I also stuck in here same I was trying to pull out pending value no idea how to do it http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3380 sorry direct query that are we can perform in sqlite have completely different results in calculated field or no results at all, try to put those query inside those hidden button you will see what i mean again sorry not expert here so much beginner here just trying to help.

Hi Nitin, Hi Kim,

Your comboboxes in the 'search child filter' were pointing to the wrong relationships (looking at 'studentdb' instead of 'addcourse' and 'addsoftware'.
Also, I think it is better to have 3 separate 'search child filter' buttons because the main table is different for each filter search.  Also, you can then have a grid layout that is more specific to the filter you are using.
Please have a look at the attachment and see if this is now doing what you want.
Thanks,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Child to parent Filter.zip 343.51 kb, 391 downloads since 2017-05-21 

Hi Kim, Hi Derek Sir,

Thanks for your support.

Regards
Nitin Ingale