1 (edited by manixs2013 2017-06-11 01:35:13)

Topic: Query Builder

HELLO

Anybody can help to give a sample of query builder and the result is based or the query output and the column header is also based on the query output.

Thanks!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon query.jpg 271.21 kb, 315 downloads since 2017-06-11 

Re: Query Builder

Hello MVD Professionals!

Is there a solutions or possibility regarding to my request "Query Builder". If there is none, Its Okay.

Thank You!

MVD does not have a query builder built into it. MVD's Sql Query window does provide assistance with column names and sql functions but it's not a query builder per se. You can use third party products such as Sqlite Studio to write your sql statements for testing and then copy and paste the sql statement into MVD's Sql Query window, but it is not a sql builder either. There are products out there which will visually build your select statements for queries, if that is what you are looking for. Most cost money. One of the freebies out there is Sqleo Visual Query Builder. It will build the select statements for you, including joins, etc with a visual gui. Then you can copy and paste the sql statement into MVD's Sql Query window for tablegrids and reports. You can build queries for most database systems such as MySql. It is java based so it uses jdbc and most are built into the product. However, you will need to download the jdbc driver for sqllite. It works nicely and can come in handy once in a while.

ehwagner wrote:

MVD does not have a query builder built into it. MVD's Sql Query window does provide assistance with column names and sql functions but it's not a query builder per se. You can use third party products such as Sqlite Studio to write your sql statements for testing and then copy and paste the sql statement into MVD's Sql Query window, but it is not a sql builder either. There are products out there which will visually build your select statements for queries, if that is what you are looking for. Most cost money. One of the freebies out there is Sqleo Visual Query Builder. It will build the select statements for you, including joins, etc with a visual gui. Then you can copy and paste the sql statement into MVD's Sql Query window for tablegrids and reports. You can build queries for most database systems such as MySql. It is java based so it uses jdbc and most are built into the product. However, you will need to download the jdbc driver for sqllite. It works nicely and can come in handy once in a while.

\

===========

Thanks for the reply but my point of view is to have a design query builder based on the database and tables created. In this query builder all the reports needed by the clients was designed on the query builder and the users can play or specified their report needed output.

Thak You!

I think I understand now. You are looking for a way for end users (your clients) to control queries and report output. MVD does not have this type of feature built in, but you could probably build something into your project, which could get quite complex. Or find a third-party user-friendly solution.. If I'm not understanding your requirements, forgive me and I'll let someone else give you some input. Maybe Dimitry can chime in when he gets back.

OK thanks!