Topic: use tab during encoding in the grid

HELLO

Why is the Table Grid has no function of TAB during encoding like EXCEL? Is there a way to look like excel during encoding?

Thank You!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon TEst.zip 335.05 kb, 345 downloads since 2017-06-12 

2 (edited by derek 2017-06-12 10:01:43)

Re: use tab during encoding in the grid

Hello Manix,
You need to de-select the "go select full row" object property for the tablegrid (I have changed this setting in your project - also see the screen shot in the attachment).
I have also added a small script so that the cursor is placed automatically in the tablegrid when you run your application (but this is not necessary, more cosmetic).
Hope this helps,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon grid tabbing.zip 502.97 kb, 396 downloads since 2017-06-12 

derek wrote:

Hello Manix,
You need to de-select the "go select full row" object property for the tablegrid (I have changed this setting in your project - also see the screen shot in the attachment).
I have also added a small script so that the cursor is placed automatically in the tablegrid when you run your application (but this is not necessary, more cosmetic).
Hope this helps,
Derek.

----

Thanks for the Help but that is not my point.  I want suppose to be during the data entry on the above or in the first row there will be a functionality of tabbing but there is none.. Please help me for this

Post's attachments

Attachment icon tab.jpg 188.84 kb, 334 downloads since 2017-06-13 

4 (edited by jihem 2017-06-13 16:02:37)

procedure Form1_TableGrid1_OnKeyDown (Sender: string; var Key: Word; Shift, Alt, Ctrl: boolean);
begin
    if (Key=112) then
    begin
        if ((Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn)>0) then
        begin
            Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn:=Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn-1;
        end
    end;
    if (Key=113) then
    begin
        if ((Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn+2)<Form1.TableGrid1.Columns.Count) then
        begin
            Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn:=Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn+1;
        end;
    end
end;

This function (to add in the script) allows to go from one cell :
- to the next with [F2]
- to the previous with [F1]

[Tab] key doesn't trigger the KeyDown event.

I was looking how to switch the target cell in edit mode without success.
I would like to send a dblclick windows message but SendMessage doesn't exist...

while(! success=retry());
https://jihem.itch.io

jihem wrote:

procedure Form1_TableGrid1_OnKeyDown (Sender: string; var Key: Word; Shift, Alt, Ctrl: boolean);
begin
    if (Key=112) then
    begin
        if ((Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn)>0) then
        begin
            Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn:=Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn-1;
        end
    end;
    if (Key=113) then
    begin
        if ((Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn+2)<Form1.TableGrid1.Columns.Count) then
        begin
            Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn:=Form1.TableGrid1.SelectedColumn+1;
        end;
    end
end;

This function (to add in the script) allows to go from one cell :
- to the next with [F2]
- to the previous with [F1]

[Tab] key doesn't trigger the KeyDown event.

I was looking how to switch the target cell in edit mode without success.
I would like to send a dblclick windows message but SendMessage doesn't exist...

-----------

DOES NOT MOVE TO THE NEXT CELL VICE VERSA

@manixs2013
Hi,
This works here (azerty keyboard / w10). While editing I can move the selected column back and forth. I'm stuck on the dblclick. I don't know how to send it to the TableGrid.
Kind regards,
jihem

while(! success=retry());
https://jihem.itch.io

The inline editing within a tablegrid is basically a brand new feature and still in it's infancy. It's a very nice feature and I'm appreciative having it, but it could use some more work to make it more robust. I was able to code the tabbing with the tab key while editing in a cell. However, leaving a cell with the tab key does not save the contents of newly typed information in a cell, which of course defeats the purpose of tabbing to the next cell. Apparently, MVD only saves the cell info on the ENTER key or mousing out of the cell. There may be a way to do it that has not been exposed to us yet. So Dimity will have to address this. Good idea though.

ehwagner wrote:

The inline editing within a tablegrid is basically a brand new feature and still in it's infancy. It's a very nice feature and I'm appreciative having it, but it could use some more work to make it more robust. I was able to code the tabbing with the tab key while editing in a cell. However, leaving a cell with the tab key does not save the contents of newly typed information in a cell, which of course defeats the purpose of tabbing to the next cell. Apparently, MVD only saves the cell info on the ENTER key or mousing out of the cell. There may be a way to do it that has not been exposed to us yet. So Dimity will have to address this. Good idea though.

----------------

Ok copy, i will wait for the updates!

Thank You!