Topic: Webcam Integration

Hi MVD community,

I saw a post about this, I'm very interested on starting a project with the following characteristics:

I need a utility that I can call from MVD, be it an external program for the webcam that initalizes the camera and stays running
while the database is open.   Also, that I could take snapshots via a button or script and save the image to the database, associated
of course with the current record being created or edited. 

If you can point me in the right direction with regards the utility itself, or the scripting code I'd appreciate it.

As always , thanks in advance.

smile

Re: Webcam Integration

Hello.

I made an example for you with using ffmpeg.exe
http://myvisualdatabase.com/download/WebCam2.zip

Dmitry.

Thanks Dmitry!  I will take a look at the code and see how I can configure it for my purposes.  As always,
very appreciated!

is it possible to make tablegrids to show up photo previews?

VascoMorais wrote:

is it possible to make tablegrids to show up photo previews?

Just add the field with data type "Photo" to tablegrid and you will see preview of photo. Also you can increase height of rows for the tablegrid, use property DefaultRowHeight

Dmitry.

does it resizes to a thumbnail? or does it show the picture 1:1?
Because i can't make it work, it shows a "white rectangle" with a black line arround it

VascoMorais wrote:

does it resizes to a thumbnail? or does it show the picture 1:1?
Because i can't make it work, it shows a "white rectangle" with a black line arround it

Forgot to say, it works if you store pictures in a database, if you use LinkFile mode, you can do it using script, here you can find a example http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1235

Dmitry.

thanks, but this will make the database too heavy.
Is there a way to store this locally for each file snaped?

or maybe use a different database just for pictures, is that possible? that way i could backup my regular database, and if the images database fail someday, it would be ok

VascoMorais wrote:

thanks, but this will make the database too heavy.
Is there a way to store this locally for each file snaped?

Just set property for DBImage, Type = LinkFile to store images locally.

Using property CopyTo        
Allows you to specify where you want to automatically copy the file to store it, more info:
http://myvisualdatabase.com/help_en/com … opyto.html

Dmitry.

That is awsome, would it be too dificult to implement a variable "CopyTo" Folder? that way i could copy to the same folder as, for example: my Record_Count or Customer_name ...
Would that be possible in the future?

VascoMorais wrote:

That is awsome, would it be too dificult to implement a variable "CopyTo" Folder? that way i could copy to the same folder as, for example: my Record_Count or Customer_name ...
Would that be possible in the future?

Check it out

procedure frmAddEdit_bSaveButton_OnClick (Sender: TObject; var Cancel: boolean);
begin
    frmAddEdit.dbPhoto.dbCopyTo:= 'photo\'+frmAddEdit.edCustomerName.Text;
end;
Dmitry.

Hi

I have a form to input data for car parts.
I wish to also store photos of the part. These photos will be taken with an attached webcam.
I wish to press a button and initiate the camera and then take a shot of the part. This shot will be saved in the record for that particular part that it belongs to.

I tried Dimitris vmd application but I cannot manage to take a picture.
I understand that I have to edit the script file and put the name of my webcam. But the name of my webcam is Microsoft® Lifecam HD-3000. When I insert this as the name of my web cam nothing happens. I press the button to get a picture and a DOS window appears for a second then it is gone. I am running windows 10 64bit.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

Goodmorning to all.

Can someone please help me on this issue? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Ok.
Finally made it work. I hade a problem getting the name right for the webcamera. Once I got the name right in the script everything is ok.

Now I need to make the app a bit better. How can we have a preview window and a button to get the shot.
I need to see what the camera is looking at to take the shot. At the moment the button takes the picture but you do not know where the camera is looking at.

Thank you

Has someone figured out how to make a preview windows with a capture picture button?

If this is possible it would greatly elevate myvisualdatabase as a development environment for applications that require people to input pictures in their databases such as logistics or wharehousing.

Dimitri please reply if you can.

Best regards
George