1 (edited by radsoft 2017-10-10 03:27:16)

Topic: How do I modify an existing table

Hello,
I deployed an application which went into use and the customer later required additions. I kept working on the application in MVD and added a field to one of the tables. I then asked the customer to send me their sqlite.db file and I thought it was possible to modify the table structure of the file using DB Browser for SQLite and then put that file in with the updated MVD application and all would be well. It didn't go well and I have attached the error message screen shot from DB Browser for SQLite.
Can somebody please tell me the best way forward in this type of situation where I modify a table in an application and then get the customer data file which has had data being added to it and needs updating to the latest structure..
Thanks in advance.
David

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Modify Table Error 1.png 70.12 kb, 197 downloads since 2017-10-10 

Re: How do I modify an existing table

The error shown is more about a missing feature in DB Browser.

Have you tried SQLiteStudio? https://sqlitestudio.pl/index.rvt

The way I modifiy my db structures is by exporting the data from the a copy of the previous version and import into the modified one and edit the MVDB config files to reflect the new columns. Or I simply modify a copy of current db using MVDB and then import the data into that modified version.

Re: How do I modify an existing table

Hello tcoton,
thank you. I got SQLiteStudio as you said and I have been able to modify the populated data file. Really appreciate your help.
Regards, David