Topic: Webcam Integration

Hi MVD community,

I saw a post about this, I'm very interested on starting a project with the following characteristics:

I need a utility that I can call from MVD, be it an external program for the webcam that initalizes the camera and stays running
while the database is open.   Also, that I could take snapshots via a button or script and save the image to the database, associated
of course with the current record being created or edited. 

If you can point me in the right direction with regards the utility itself, or the scripting code I'd appreciate it.

As always , thanks in advance.

smile

Re: Webcam Integration

Hello.

I made an example for you with using ffmpeg.exe
http://myvisualdatabase.com/download/WebCam2.zip

Dmitry.

Thanks Dmitry!  I will take a look at the code and see how I can configure it for my purposes.  As always,
very appreciated!

is it possible to make tablegrids to show up photo previews?

VascoMorais wrote:

is it possible to make tablegrids to show up photo previews?

Just add the field with data type "Photo" to tablegrid and you will see preview of photo. Also you can increase height of rows for the tablegrid, use property DefaultRowHeight

Dmitry.

does it resizes to a thumbnail? or does it show the picture 1:1?
Because i can't make it work, it shows a "white rectangle" with a black line arround it

VascoMorais wrote:

does it resizes to a thumbnail? or does it show the picture 1:1?
Because i can't make it work, it shows a "white rectangle" with a black line arround it

Forgot to say, it works if you store pictures in a database, if you use LinkFile mode, you can do it using script, here you can find a example http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1235

Dmitry.

thanks, but this will make the database too heavy.
Is there a way to store this locally for each file snaped?

or maybe use a different database just for pictures, is that possible? that way i could backup my regular database, and if the images database fail someday, it would be ok