Topic: European Data Privacy question
I need some information from your side because of Data Privacy and maybe other customers in the european community too.
On May 25, 2018 the new european privacy protection law will become active, which requires "privacy by design".
This means, that I am, and regulary all european users/developer of databases, forced to store "personal" information encrypted. Personal information are widely definied and could be, for example, the contact name of a sales person on a corporate company, Employee vehicle registration No. on travel expenses.
I have three options available
- Encryption of the whole local database (which is not supported by the SQLite Engine as far as I know)
- Encrypted connection to an database server (is this supported with MySQL as far as I know)
- Encrypted fields in a database table (last time there were some problems with ANSI/UTF Chars in storing encrypted RC5 values)
For your information security officer (which is now required by EU-Privacy Protection Law) I need answers to the following questions:
- Is there any plan/option to encrypt the local SQLite Database (must be "clear" in copyright to distribute applications)?
- Will the ANSI/UTF Problem solved with the RC5 encryption?
- Is there any plan/option to encrypt the connection to MySQL - or other Database servers if you support them?
- Is there any plan/option to use AES256, Blowfish, or other strong encryption with MyVisualDatabase?
- Is there a plan or option to use stronger hash algorithm like SHA256?
Thank you for your help in advance.