Topic: Final version 5.0

Final version 5.0

Download: http://myvisualdatabase.com/download/myvisualdb.exe

What's new?

- New component RichEdit for displaying, editing and printing hypertext documents
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=4714&download=0

- New property for form ShowOnTaskBar

- Sorting data functionality on the client-side to increase performance of the database queries

- Added functions for ZIP archives

if CompressZipDirectory('d:\Folder\', 'd:\filename.zip') then ShowMessage('ok');
  if CompressZipFile('d:\filename.ext', 'd:\filename.zip') then ShowMessage('ok');
  ExtractZipFile('d:\filename.zip', 'd:\foldername');

- Added a new method ExportToExcel for a TableGrid

Form1.TableGrid1.ExportToExcel; // data from TableGrid will be opened in Excel
Form1.TableGrid1.ExportToExcel('d:\file.xlsx'); // data from the TableGrid will be opened in Excel and saved to a file
Form1.TableGrid1.ExportToExcel('d:\file.xlsx', False); // data from the table grid will be saved to a file

- Added a new event OnGetMonthBoldInfo for a Calendar

- Many other minor improvements and bug fixes

Dmitry.

Re: Final version 5.0

Hello Dmitry

Thank you very much for this new beta version.

Very good for RichEdit component, I think many MVD users were waiting after it.

Have a good day

JB

3 (edited by prahousefamily 2018-11-07 03:21:49)

Wow It Beautiful beautiful component It good teach my student  ...

Have a little question
1 Can you add Symbol Or Equation in Richedit?
2 If you save in Richedit format, the text style is highlighted. Insert color if you want to display Richedit only or can use Memo instead?

My Visual Database : I Love You
Easy For Beginner Student For Me

prahousefamily wrote:

Wow It Beautiful beautiful component It good teach my student  ...

Have a little question
1 Can you add Symbol Or Equation in Richedit?
2 If you save in Richedit format, the text style is highlighted. Insert color if you want to display Richedit only or can use Memo instead?

1. Please download beta version again, I have added.

2. If you save data using RichEdit, you can't open it using Memo, because Memo component does not support RTF format.

Dmitry.

5 (edited by livexox 2018-11-14 03:51:16)

Hello,
This is awesome, so many possibilities... Is there a way to hide the New Page, Open and Save icon from the ToolBar1.  It's a little confusing when saving to the database.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 2018-11-13_19-24-37.png 42.76 kb, 205 downloads since 2018-11-14 

Hello livexox

From Object Inspector fot the RichEdit component,, you could uncheck property ToolBar, but by the way, you loste also icons for Find, Preview,
Page Preview and Replace icons, which all belong to Toolbar1.

Regards

JB

Thank you jean.brezhonek but I don't want to disable the entire ToolBar just the 3 icons. 
Or maybe making this 3 icons into a separate ToolBar that will be even better.

also, is there a way to add support for MYSQL LongText field. Rich Text reduces the size of the field tremendously.

8 (edited by derek 2018-11-14 23:33:00)

Hello Livexox, Hi Jean,
Maybe it's something that Dmitry can look at, but in the meantime, please have a look at the attached as a very 'low-tech' solution (or maybe even a permanent one!!).
Regards,
Derek.
(nb:  RTF functionality requires MVD Version 5)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon rtf.zip 1.21 mb, 548 downloads since 2018-11-14 

livexox wrote:

Hello,
This is awesome, so many possibilities... Is there a way to hide the New Page, Open and Save icon from the ToolBar1.  It's a little confusing when saving to the database.

It's planned.

Dmitry.

10 (edited by livexox 2018-11-15 16:31:06)

Thank you Dmitry,
also, are you planning database support for Long Text? currently Rich Text reduces the size of the field big time, specially if you have images.  Or is there another way of storing big text for RTF in a database?

livexox wrote:

Thank you Dmitry,
also, are you planning database support for Long Text? currently Rich Text reduces the size of the field big time, specially if you have images.  Or is there another way of storing big text for RTF in a database?

Unfortunately can't understand your question.  What exactly do you mean?

Dmitry.

12 (edited by livexox 2018-11-16 18:08:28)

Here is the issue.. while using MySQL as the database, when I'm saving Rich Text and there is a large image embedded I get an error message saying "#200 Data to long for Column" this only happens in MySQL though with SQLite there is no problem. So, I started doing some troubleshooting, I went to MySQL database settings and change the Field from "Text" to "LongText" and this worked but MVD does not support Long Text so if I make a change to the database in MVD the field is reset and data gets corrupted.  [see attached image] for more info. Hope this helps.

Again this only happens when RFT has images using MySQL as the database. I also notice that is slow when saving RTF to MySQL with large images with SQLite as the database is a lot faster not even noticeable.

[see attached image]

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Error Message.png 387.62 kb, 196 downloads since 2018-11-16 

Requirement add line number in Tmemo please ! look like script edit
https://image.ibb.co/eEjoaL/2018-11-19-002.png

My Visual Database : I Love You
Easy For Beginner Student For Me

livexox wrote:

Here is the issue.. while using MySQL as the database, when I'm saving Rich Text and there is a large image embedded I get an error message saying "#200 Data to long for Column" this only happens in MySQL though with SQLite there is no problem. So, I started doing some troubleshooting, I went to MySQL database settings and change the Field from "Text" to "LongText" and this worked but MVD does not support Long Text so if I make a change to the database in MVD the field is reset and data gets corrupted.  [see attached image] for more info. Hope this helps.

Again this only happens when RFT has images using MySQL as the database. I also notice that is slow when saving RTF to MySQL with large images with SQLite as the database is a lot faster not even noticeable.

[see attached image]

Thank you for the bug report.
I have changed TEXT type for MySQL to MEDIUMTEXT, so now limit is 16mb.

About speed, if you use MySQL with remote server (via Internet), it's ok.

Dmitry.

15 (edited by thezimguy 2018-11-24 08:56:09)

Greetings
Hi DMitry,
Please can the compiled size of a project be relative to the components used in the application?
Example
If I do not use RichEdit in my application, the compiled application size should be smaller than the application that i used the RichEdit in.
eg. as in the previous version which did not have the RichEdit, the compiled size of the application was smaller.
Thank you.

@thezimguy

thezimguy wrote:

Greetings
Hi DMitry,
Please can the compiled size of a project be relative to the components used in the application?
Example
If I do not use RichEdit in my application, the compiled application size should be smaller than the application that i used the RichEdit in.
eg. as in the previous version which did not have the RichEdit, the compiled size of the application was smaller.
Thank you.

Unfortunately no.

Dmitry.

17 (edited by thezimguy 2018-12-05 20:54:19)

Pls Dmitry, when you hover the mouse over the RichEdit control, it's hint does not show. I know this is not a major issues but I just wanted you to know.
Regards

@thezimguy

thezimguy wrote:

Pls Dmitry, when you hover the mouse over the RichEdit control, it's hint does not show. I know this is not a mojor issues but I just wanted you to know.
Regards

Yes, I second that too, I also noticed it but didn't know if this was something left like that on purpose.

Can some one refer me MY VISUAL DATABASE for student use only, mean any free version.

JUST LEARNING, O GOD HELP ME.

Here you can download old freeware version
http://myvisualdatabase.com/download/myvisualdb1.44.exe

Dmitry.

@DriveSoft
Thank you very Much, DriveSoft for providing me a free version.it's really appreciated.

JUST LEARNING, O GOD HELP ME.