Topic: Treeview

Is there a tutorial available over Treeview, for example I want on the left site of a form the Treeview le name and prename of a customer and  while doubelclick on the name, on the right site of the form the other fields of the database must show. Is this possible?

Re: Treeview

Hi Kees,
I don't know of a tutorial for 'treeview' specifically but have a look at the attached and hopefully it will be enough to give you a overview.
There are a couple of things to remember if you use a 'treeview'.
1.  Your table must have a 'parentid' (defined as integer);  this is how MVD internally links child and parent nodes together on the hierarchy.
2.  Your table should have a 'description' (text) field that contains the legend that appears on the hierarchy.
3.  On your form, the treeview object must be set to 'editable' (see screenshot in the attachment).
4.  You must nominate a form on which you maintain your hierarchy and any other data (again, see screenshot in the attachment).
The attachment has 2 examples.
Keestree1 shows a simple hierarchy with additional fields as cells attached to the same node.
Keestree2 shows the same hierarchy but with the additional fields displayed as edit fields on the form (this way requires a small script).
There are other options but these 2 basic ways should be enough to get you started.
Hope this helps,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon keestree.zip 885.73 kb, 376 downloads since 2018-12-13 

More info about TreeView
http://myvisualdatabase.com/help_en/com … eview.html

Dmitry.

Both Derek and Dmitry thanks for your information. I will study the 2 examples of Derek and I'm sure I will understand "Treeview"

For Dmitry I have 1 remark. When I push "Learn More" in the document  (point 2) he linked to, I only get Russian (?) text. That too difficult for me.

kees.krause wrote:

Both Derek and Dmitry thanks for your information. I will study the 2 examples of Derek and I'm sure I will understand "Treeview"

For Dmitry I have 1 remark. When I push "Learn More" in the document  (point 2) he linked to, I only get Russian (?) text. That too difficult for me.

Thank you, I will fix it soon.

Dmitry.