Topic: Multiple reports on same page?

Do you know a way to display multiple reports in the same report page?

For example, I would like to display on the same report page different sql queries reports, but when I generate a report the name is always "report" so I cannot really change the sources when designing the full report.

Please find attached an example of what I would like to do.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon multi-reports-question.jpg 153.4 kb, 492 downloads since 2014-08-28 

Re: Multiple reports on same page?

Unfortunately this question can't help.

Here you can find documentation about reports (FastReport®)
http://www.fast-report.com/en/product/f … mentation/

Dmitry.

Thanks for the link to the documentation, however, this is documentation for version 5 whereas the version used within Myvisualdatabase 1.43 is 4.15 and some functions are just missing such as the connection wizard (page 198) which could help creating the report I am looking for.

Maybe it would be a good idea to give the ability to the user to choose a name for the reports during creation, so we could use them as sources for a more global report, what do you think?

For example, I create report 1 and I give it the name "report-names", then I create report 2 and I give it the name "report-address", so in the end I would have"report-names" & "report-address" as sources instead of only "report"

tcoton
I'll plan do it. Thanks for suggestion.

Dmitry.

Thanks, I cannot wait to see it !! big_smile

Any news about the plan? I have some project coming on the table which might require a lot of reporting smile

I added this feature using script.
Please, download again latest version:
http://myvisualdatabase.com/thank_you_f … ading.html

Example:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Report by script (multiple reports).zip 89.36 kb, 1063 downloads since 2015-03-24 

Dmitry.

Looks great, thanks for implementing this Dmitry.

Any chance to see a much user friendly report designer some day? smile

Maybe I'll do a simpler way, using Microsoft Office format DOC, but just for simple reports.

Dmitry.

I think that it is not a good idea to rely on an external program especially any Microsoft Office program for reporting with MVDB as many users may not have MS Office installed on their computers or the right version.

11 (edited by tcoton 2015-06-26 14:11:36)

I have an error while transposing your example to my project, see attached picture

http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=1104

Post's attachments

Attachment icon multireport_by_script.png 98.6 kb, 372 downloads since 2015-06-26 

tcoton
Form "PFReports" is main form?
If no, please, try use main form instead PFReports, example:

Form1.PFReports
Dmitry.

Thanks Dmitry,

for some reason, the "frxReport" works only on main form, I had to adapt the script to point to main form (SelectForm) so it looked like

SelectForm.frxReport.blablabla

I could manage 16 different reports on the same page which is the purpose of a database for me, getting dashboard reports in a snap. The report designer is just not very user friendly, though!

How to upgrade fast report vcl 4.1.5 to 5.1.9 in MVD ?
thanks you

agusecc wrote:

How to upgrade fast report vcl 4.1.5 to 5.1.9 in MVD ?
thanks you

It's not possible.

Dmitry.

16 (edited by agusecc 2019-02-23 08:41:36)

I have try multiple reports on same page and succes, thank you. But I have one question :
How to print component in form with script . example I have component betwen date begin and date end... thanks you

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 1.PNG 23.18 kb, 268 downloads since 2019-02-23 

agusecc wrote:

I have try multiple reports on same page and succes, thank you. But I have one question :
How to print component in form with script . example I have component betwen date begin and date end... thanks you

Here you can find component variables to put it to report designer.
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=5133&download=0

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Untitled.png 22.73 kb, 205 downloads since 2019-02-25 

Dmitry.