Topic: Composite report merging multiples FR3 files

I want to start make a proyect but i need to know if MVD or FR can composite a report merging others FR3 files, and an example how please.

Re: Composite report merging multiples FR3 files

aavila wrote:

I want to start make a proyect but i need to know if MVD or FR can composite a report merging others FR3 files, and an example how please.

Hello.

You can do it using script, an example for you:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Report merge reports.zip 11.93 kb, 438 downloads since 2019-03-11 

Dmitry.

Excellent, thanks for the example!!

A question:

Im new using MVD, that script can be used with a condition based in record?

Example something like:

if Phone = null then
       Employees.frxReport.LoadFromFile(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Report\1.fr3');

Please excuse my syntax, im still in learning phase

Thanks!

Yes, you can, just describe your case in more details, and I'll try to help you.

Dmitry.

5 (edited by aavila 2019-03-12 14:49:51)

DriveSoft wrote:

Yes, you can, just describe your case in more details, and I'll try to help you.

I want to make a little "Commercial proposal" application

The goal is simple: the proposal report have a cover and main data the others pages will be filled with "modules", finishing with a last report with the resumen data.

Example: a proposal with 3 modules will merge the main fr3, fr3 "A", fr3 "B", fr3 "C" and one last fr3 with the final data, the composite report merge 5 fr3 reports.

In the app the user need to select wich modules will be merged in the report  selecting over 50+ modules, that will be saved in a child table of the proposal table

The idea is: the user print a proposal saved in their table, the code call the child table "modules" to get all records with relationship of the proposal, if in a table is saved module "A" Named "1234" the code load first the 1234.fr3, then the next module is saved like "B" with name "78910", the code load 78910.fr3 is second place to be showed after "1234" in the report

sorry for my bad english, thanks in advanced

Unfortunately I can help you to solve only specific questions.

Dmitry.

Thanks! two question more

1-can you make me a example how in script i can use the result of a query like the name of a fr3 file?

2-can make a example of how composite a report with reportes stored in the database like you show in this thread?

myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4754