Topic: Custom report based on field selection

Hi everyone, is there a way I can print reports based on field selection directly from the database. For eg: I have a database with a field status and only needs to print reports where STATUS = ACTIVE?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Re: Custom report based on field selection

Just thought of adding few more information since no one has replied.

• I have an address book kind of database in which there is a 'status' field.
    I have designed it to get value ACTIVE or INACTIVE using combobox
    I have also managed to setup a form in which search data is displayed based on STATUS. I used filter section in Tablegrid settings to make it status=active.
    I tried designing a report but unfortunately it only displays the first record when re-opened again

So, just wondering is there a way for me to print a report probably by scripting to only include the records with my search criteria?

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards.

Hi,
Is this the sort of thing that you're meaning (please see attached).
If I understand your question, all you need to do is specify the active/inactive combobox as the search criteria associated with the 'report' button.
No script is required for something like this.
Regards,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon techfactor.zip 339.77 kb, 445 downloads since 2019-03-29 

4 (edited by Techfactor 2019-03-30 01:06:16)

Brilliant, Many thanks for the reply Derek, Highly appreciated. That's exactly what my requirement is.

If its not too much, I was planning to have a report that I can print (Name and Address only)  direct based on status to a label sheet  (Avery J8160 Label sheet) which has three columns and seven rows. Is that possible with the same print option available or would that require separate buttons/form? 

Thanks again.

Hi,
Please see attached.
I don't use FastReport very much so there may be some sort of template you can use to match the layout to Avery J8160.
Failing that, it's just a case of adjusting the spacing etc within FastReport until it all fits correctly (my example has the 3x7 matrix but I don't know the label dimensions to align the data to).
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon techfactor2.zip 342.86 kb, 521 downloads since 2019-03-30 

Hi Darek, fantastic, As you suggested it just needs some adjustments. Actual sheet is A4 in size with 1.51cm (Top) x 1.3cm (Bottom) X 0.86 (Left) x 0.79 (Right) in MS-Word . However, adjusting the Top margin to 2.5cm pushes the fastreport in alignment with Avery J8160.

Many thanks for your brilliant work & assistance,
Thanks again Derek!

Cheers.