Topic: Embedding XML Data

Hi,

I need to export a report to a PDF File and to embedd some .xml Data into this PDF File.

Is this implemented in Fastreport and MyVisualDatabase

Any example available? Exporting is not so the problem, but how to embed additional Data in an report? Must it be done in MyVisualDatabase or inside the report file?

Thank you.
Teco049

Re: Embedding XML Data

Hello.

But PDF is not XML document to add some additional XML data. Unfortunately I don't have any experience how to do it.

Maybe it's possible to use TFileStream to append some data to a file

var
    s: string;
begin
    s := 'text';
    with TFileStream.Create('D:\1.pdf', fmOpenWrite) do
    try
        Seek(0,soFromEnd);
        Write(s, Length(s)*2);
    finally
      Free;
    end;
Dmitry.

Hi Dmitry,

I have got the information from Fast Report, that a PDF/A3 Format is required. Supported by Fast Report VCL 6, but not on earlier Versions. They have an example on the latest Fast Report VCL how to import addtional files into a PDF File.

Which Version do you use?

Thank you.
Teco049

btw.:   What are you using for the RFT Editor? TRichview or the Rad Studio Element? A user has copy/paste a Text into the RTF Editor and got a "creative" result.

Used version 4.15

TRichView component
https://www.trichview.com/features/trichview.html

Dmitry.

5 (edited by teco049 2019-05-13 11:46:11)

Dear Dmitry,

Thank you for the information. Any plans to upgrade Fastreport in a later Version of MVD?

Thank you.
Teco049

EDIT:
Problem with copied text to RTF found. The Text copied from an Email into the Editor was somewhat missformated. Everything was in Chinese symbols. Seems to be a problem with the language setting at the email.

there are no plans to update yet.

Dmitry.