Topic: Calculated fields currency formatting?

Hi Derek,

I found the attached one of your sample file that includes formatting calculated fields currency formatting. If I didn't change anything accidentally,  TNxNumberColumn formatting for calc fields doesn't seems to be working. Any help please?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon loans2 Derek.zip 12.22 kb, 284 downloads since 2019-05-09 

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.

2 (edited by domebil 2019-05-09 13:35:50)

Re: Calculated fields currency formatting?

maybe you wanted this?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon loans2 Derek 2.rar 299.96 kb, 318 downloads since 2019-05-09 

Domebil

3 (edited by derek 2019-05-09 20:56:35)

Hi Adam,
What version of MVD are you using?
I've noticed formatting problems with 5.4 so have switched back to 5.1 for the time being. 
You can probably get round it by re-writing the script but I don't think that's really the way to solve version compatibility issues.
Derek.

Derek,
Just throwing this out there. In the newer version you can specify the field type for calculated fields. If you let the field type default as text for currency fields, then the formatting does not work as specified in the script. It may not be your situation, but I have picked up on it recently.

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for all solutions...

Derek, you are right, when I open your sample project file with older (v3.5) MVD formatting works fine.

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.

6 (edited by derek 2019-05-09 23:04:32)

Hi EH,
Great spot (and my bad - LOL!).
I've just changed the calculated field formats to currency and now all the grids are displaying correctly again with the latest version.  Thanks for that.
On a related issue, it's good that you can now set the column alignment within the tablegrid settings - but why only for the rows and not for the header and footer?
If, for example, you want your columns right-aligned, I can't envisage a scenario where you wouldn't also want the headers and the footers to be right-aligned.  The tablegrid is so critical to almost all MVD apps and yet there are still some basic things that need to be scripted.
Maybe it's something that Dmitry can provide.
Regards,
Derek.

Yes Derek I agree. Maybe this is something that Dimitry can look into. Even more,  formatting columns without scripting for all the rows in tablegrids.

Current version already apply alignment for footers.
Please download latest beta version, alignment now works for headers too.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfjcvk0z7je6i … a.zip?dl=0

Dmitry.