Topic: SQl script

Hi , Please i need to understand how to enter an SQL script in My Visual Database

Re: SQl script

Hello.

You can use function SQLExecute to run SQL query, also you can get some value from database, example:

var
   s: string;
begin
   s := SQLExecute('SELECT firstname FROM tablename WHERE id=1');

function SQLQuery is more advanced, allows you to get data from database, example

var
    Results: TDataSet;
    s1, s2: string;
begin

SQLQuery('SELECT fieldname1, fieldname2 FROM tablename', Results);

while not Results.Eof do
    begin                              
        s1 := Results.FieldByName('fieldname1').asString;
        s2 := Results.FieldByName('fieldname2').asString;
        Results.Next;
    end;

Also you can use button with action "SQL query"

Dmitry.

I will probably be using Sqlite for some projects. I'm used to MySQL which has stored procedures and I want to use them extensively I think.

Is there a reasonable way to put SQL scripts and logic in either the database or something where I can sort of create a set of stored procedures and run them in MVD upon record update, or insert, or for validation.

Brand to to MVD so hopefully this is not a dumb question.

asawyer13 wrote:

I will probably be using Sqlite for some projects. I'm used to MySQL which has stored procedures and I want to use them extensively I think.

Is there a reasonable way to put SQL scripts and logic in either the database or something where I can sort of create a set of stored procedures and run them in MVD upon record update, or insert, or for validation.

Brand to to MVD so hopefully this is not a dumb question.

MVD does not have special interface to manage stored procedures, so you should use free tools like MySQL Workbench or HeidiSQL to create stored procedures.

Example

CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` PROCEDURE `test`()
BEGIN
SELECT 'Hello';
END

How to call

procedure Form1_Button1_OnClick (Sender: TObject; var Cancel: boolean);
var
    s: string;
begin
    s := SQLExecute('call test();');
    ShowMessage(s);
end;

Also you can call procedures using button with action "SQL Query"