Topic: Combobox Search

Hi Dmitry, Derek and all MVD users

I need help in sorting workers in a department

When department is selected in department combobox, the full name combobox should only return names of only workers in that department from workers in the company.

Is there a way to conduct that search

Thank you in advance

Post's attachments

Attachment icon leave form.JPG 25.15 kb, 4 downloads since 2019-10-09 

Re: Combobox Search

Hello.


Check out this topic
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1425

Dmitry.

Re: Combobox Search

Wow splendid, it works just fine. Dmitry, you are such a genius.

My second question is, can i get a script or sql query such that when department is selected from the first combobox, it returns only workers in that department for selection and edition in the second combobox.

Thanks so much for immense support

Post's attachments

Attachment icon leave form.JPG 25.15 kb, 2 downloads since 2019-10-09 

4 (edited by sibprogsistem 2019-10-10 07:19:05)

Re: Combobox Search

hotice546 wrote:

Wow splendid, it works just fine. Dmitry, you are such a genius.

My second question is, can i get a script or sql query such that when department is selected from the first combobox, it returns only workers in that department for selection and edition in the second combobox.

Thanks so much for immense support

http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=5867&download=0

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Безымянный.png 82.71 kb, 2 downloads since 2019-10-10 

Re: Combobox Search

sibprogsistem wrote:

SOLVED

Thanks Sibprogsistem

Perfect. You are the real guy. It works like magic. Wow you saved me.

Re: Combobox Search

Hi MVD.

if I use

openurl()

, it opens a browser.

I want to click a link without opening a browser


Is there a way I can do this?

7 (edited by derek 2019-10-10 09:16:11)

Re: Combobox Search

There's no need to use a script - just doubleclick on the edit field that contains your url.
In the example, doubleclick a row in the tablegrid to select a store, then doubleclick the web address.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon weblinks.zip 336.49 kb, 50 downloads since 2019-10-10 

Re: Combobox Search

derek wrote:

There's no need to use a script - just doubleclick on the edit field that contains your url.
In the example, doubleclick a row in the tablegrid to select a store, then doubleclick the web address.
Derek.

Thanks very much Derek but

procedure Search_send_OnClick (Sender: TObject; var Cancel: boolean);

var
http: variant;
url,userpassword,username,sms,result :string;
begin

    username := ' ';
    userpassword := ' ';
    sms := Search.Memo1.text;
    http:=createoleobject('WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1');
  openurl('http://api.google.com/sendsms.php?user='+username+'&password='+userpassword+'&message='+sms+'&type=0&sender=PENSEC&destination=233242785546');
   
end;

. This code works but opens a browser. I don't want it to open a browser but to run link backgound and display the result in a messagebox.

Re: Combobox Search

SMS
createoleobject('WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1');
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc. … download=1

Re: Combobox Search

sibprogsistem wrote:

SMS
createoleobject('WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1');

Thanks you for your effort. It didn't work for me because I'm using a different SMS gateway either than the ones in the example

Re: Combobox Search

derek wrote:

There's no need to use a script - just doubleclick on the edit field that contains your url.
In the example, doubleclick a row in the tablegrid to select a store, then doubleclick the web address.
Derek.

Thanks Derek but i need a button to click the url without opening browser

Re: Combobox Search

Hello Dmitry, Sibprogsistem, Derek and all MVD lovers.

I want the datetimepicker1(from) to always select today and now else datetimepicker2(to) to show dates not less than today.

Thank you in advance

Post's attachments

Attachment icon leave form.JPG 25.15 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-10-12 

Re: Combobox Search

You could do it something like this (see attached).
There are other conditions you probably need to consider as well but the syntax is the same.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon hotice.zip 334.91 kb, 29 downloads since 2019-10-12 

Re: Combobox Search

derek wrote:

You could do it something like this (see attached).
There are other conditions you probably need to consider as well but the syntax is the same.

Excellent, exactly as expected. Thank you so much sir

can i set FROM(datetimepicker1) by default to now?

Re: Combobox Search

hotice546 wrote:
derek wrote:

You could do it something like this (see attached).
There are other conditions you probably need to consider as well but the syntax is the same.

Excellent, exactly as expected. Thank you so much sir

can i set FROM(datetimepicker1) by default to now?

SOLVED. Thank you all

Re: Combobox Search

Hello Sibprogsistem, Derek and all MVD users

Is the a function to open web link aside openurl()?

Re: Combobox Search

openurl('www.myvisualdatabase.com');

Re: Combobox Search

sibprogsistem wrote:

openurl('www.myvisualdatabase.com');

Thanks but still not answered. Apart from openurl(), is there any function to open a link address?

Re: Combobox Search

OpenFile('mail.ru','C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\Bin\Maxthon.exe'); 

or

OpenFile('USA','C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\Bin\Maxthon.exe'); 

Re: Combobox Search

sibprogsistem wrote:
OpenFile('mail.ru','C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\Bin\Maxthon.exe'); 

or

OpenFile('USA','C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\Bin\Maxthon.exe'); 

Thanks so much my brother from another mother. I appreciate every assistance.

I created a mini browser and that solved my problem. Thanks once again