Topic: Final version 6.1

Final version 6.1
http://myvisualdatabase.com/download/myvisualdb.exe

What's new?
- Added the ability to create users and roles. More info: http://myvisualdatabase.com/help_en/roles/roles.html
- Added a property AutoWidth for ComboBox component.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.

http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=5948&download=0

Also, a UserObject object will be added to the scripts to work with users and roles, so that you can expand the functionality and implement your interface for authorization and adding / editing users.

If you purchased a license after 09 July 2019, this update is free for you.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon login.png 24.47 kb, 184 downloads since 2019-11-05 

Dmitry.

Re: Final version 6.1

This is this great.. very nice.
Is there a way to change the image of the login form and the caption of the form?

In the next version you will be able to use own form for login.

Dmitry.

Nice feature on the ability to create user and role. Can you add option/module for the users(non-admin) to update their own password? And is it possible to have user(non-admin again) to access or update other user(non-admin)?  Heirarchy being

Admin(super admin, currently the admin)
UserAdmin(user admin thar can access and update other non-super(admin) users)
User(regular user that can only update their password)

Thank you and nicely done MVD team.

brian

Am I right that forms are automaticly generated by the program when user/roles is activated? For I cannot see them and so I cannot charge them in Dutch.

brian.zaballa wrote:

Nice feature on the ability to create user and role. Can you add option/module for the users(non-admin) to update their own password? And is it possible to have user(non-admin again) to access or update other user(non-admin)?  Hierarchy being

Admin(super admin, currently the admin)
UserAdmin(user admin thar can access and update other non-super(admin) users)
User(regular user that can only update their password)

Thank you and nicely done MVD team.

My bad, I've read thoroughly the post and the functions I'm looking is on the development stage and will be added soon(as said). Can't wait for the update on this one. This saves time coding for the roles.

brian

kees.krause wrote:

Am I right that forms are automaticly generated by the program when user/roles is activated? For I cannot see them and so I cannot charge them in Dutch.

Yes, but you can change forms using script.

Dmitry.

Please tell my how to do

kees.krause wrote:

Please tell my how to do

Please create a new topic with your question and let me know more details.

Dmitry.

10 (edited by Asifmute 2019-11-06 13:16:41)

Waiting for radio botton, as you told in the last 5.6 update.

JUST LEARNING, O GOD HELP ME.

Dmitry,
Can you provide some sample code on how to edit the forms using script?

DriveSoft wrote:
kees.krause wrote:

Yes, but you can change forms using script.

hello,
this is right way to protect the database and the nice way written this post the way of passing the message to all is great.

I wish i could use the new features, but unfortunately, my license is not working because I have until 5.99, but someone decided to jump from 5.6 straight to 6.1. it`s bad because I currently use users and roles but by a script and involves a lot of work. I bought my license on 1st of June but whoever bought it after 1 of July receives this update freely and it doesn`t seem fair