Re: How to generate automatic unique ID number for patients?

Hello Derek & Jean,
Thanks again for making the concepts clear. I would like to close AA_Form_007_OPD_VISIT_REC immediately after saving to ensure that OPD_ID is properly saved, but I need to enter details of the visit for the new generated OPD_ID in the same form (though different tables). However, if the form is closed at the same time as saving, how the details can be entered? Should I close the form and use the Edit button in AA_Form_006_PATIENT_REG_REC to return to AA_Form_007_OPD_VISIT_REC and record visit details?
Thank you Jean for the code. As both Derek and you too have suggested, maybe the best way would be to close the form and return via the Edit button.
I would follow your advice to delete the test records.
Regards,
eyeman303

27 (edited by derek 2019-11-18 21:59:05)

Hi Eyeman, Hi Jean,
Now you are using page control / tab sheets rather than your 'menu' form, things become more straightforward.
There's actually no reason why you can't enter 'chief complaint' data, 'systemic imaging' data etc AT THE SAME TIME as you add your OPD Visit Rec - there is no need to save it first before carrying on, so the question of whether to stay on, or close AA_Form_007_OPD_Visit_Rec becomes less relevant.
Derek.

28 (edited by eyeman303 2019-11-20 18:23:39)

Hello Derek,
I  think, in that case, I can place the "Save"  button at the bottom of the form. First fill-up all the details in tab sheets and Save at the end. No confusion, no error. If all data of a visit are properly saved, as desired against particular OPD_ID, I intend to create a single page report of the visit using the Report Designer. Thank you again for your advice.
Regards,
eyeman303

Hi,
This project and its design looks very nice.
Many many thanks to you for creating this kind of project which helps us very much for learning.
But I am unable to enter OPD Management. A error message coming. Please see attachment.

Would you please upload a fresh and full project.

Waiting for this to see.

Hello Mirzasanower,
You may find my updated project at http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewt … 323#p41323. New features are regularly added and a few discarded. Since its start, I have received a lot of help and support from the learned and generous Forum members.
Regards,
Eyeman