Topic: Prining record

See enclosed project. On tasbheet3 are two buttons placed to print pdf-reports. It is very strange that on both reports there is only one record. In the database there are more records. What do I wrong?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon medis.zip 612.78 kb, 390 downloads since 2020-02-28 

Re: Prining record

In the settings for these buttons, remove the TableGrid component from the "1. Select the components involved in the search" list.

Dmitry.

I followed your advice, but still just 1 record is printed to PDF

kees.krause wrote:

I followed your advice, but still just 1 record is printed to PDF

Also you should use MasterData band in your report.
Check out the project

Post's attachments

Attachment icon medis_fixed.zip 280.88 kb, 383 downloads since 2020-02-28 

Dmitry.

More info about reports you can find in our book
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2694

Chapter: 3.2 Report Designer

Dmitry.

Hi Dmitry. Because I wanted to know more about reports I yesterday printed page 79 to 93 from your book and followed  the first example. As you can see on page 81 under "1. Select the components ...etc" there is mentioned "Tablegrid1". So I followed this example. The MasterData band is not mentioned in the first example. In example two it is mentioned on page 89, figure 82..

Thank you for your advice.

7 (edited by derek 2020-03-02 10:40:57)

Hello Kees,
Another issue that you may encounter is the way you are currently selecting your data to print by clicking on a row in dash2.tablegrid1.  Doing it this way, only gives you the option to print 1 record at a time (or ALL records when you first run your program and before dash2.tablegrid1 has focus).
One option is to use an edit field and a new search button, so your reports will print whatever records are displayed in dash2.tablegrid1.
So,
1) you can still click on a discrete row in the table and report just that row (the selected row is copied into the search box)
2) you can use an empty search box and report on all rows in the table
3) you can enter a search criteria (for example 'Krau'), and the tablegrid will display 2 records and these are also the two records that print.
This gives you much more flexibility.
Note that the search box (dash2.edit1) is a calculated field so you can enter different information (naam, tussenvoegsel, roepnaam, geboortdatum) all in the same field.
Anyway, have a look at the attachment and hopefully it gives you some ideas.
Regards,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon medis_fixed.zip 615.09 kb, 388 downloads since 2020-02-28 

Hello Derek. Thank you very much for your contribution. It was clarifying. But one question. In your fixed project I do not see the records of the "deelnemers" anymore in tablegrid2 or tablegrid3 when I select one "deelnemer" in tablegrid1

9 (edited by derek 2020-03-02 15:34:34)

Hi Kees,
I think I must have got 'cut and paste' happy (!) and accidently moved dash2.button1.click and dash2.button5.click.  Sorry about that.  It should all be fine now.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon medis_fixed2.zip 614.99 kb, 434 downloads since 2020-03-02