Topic: Problem with MVD v6.3

I have downloaded the latest version of MVD and have hit a problem.

1. The database file is created, but no tables are.

2. (not a problem, just an observation) - just by creating a new project an 18.7MB EXE file is created and it is dated as modified MONDAY 11:19  even though I just created 10 minutes ago at 22:12 Wed 18/03/2020.

I've tried saving the file, running using the green arrow, it just does not create the tables in the sqlite file.

Anyone else able to replicate this problem?

I did install the new version straight over the top of the old one, should I have performed an uninstall first?

On a clear disk you can seek forever

2 (edited by ehwagner 2020-03-18 17:58:44)

Re: Problem with MVD v6.3

It worked ok for me. What steps are you doing in creating a new project and database?

Also, the way I understand when the rich text editor was introduced into MVD, this expanded the exe size dramatically even if you did not use this control in your project.

Hello,

I once sort of had the same issue. Can you verify your project folder tree? When i encountered this issue i was saving a new project somewhere in another MVD project folder.

Hello,

ehwagner and dbk, thank you for your replies.

I don't know what was wrong last night, this morning I tried again multiple ways and each time the tables were created correctly.

Unless a reboot after install sorted the problem out it is just going to have to go down to one of those things where you doubt your own sanity.

On a clear disk you can seek forever